cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Technical error when accessing security settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi TalkTalk community,

I was migrated from Shell to TalkTalk a few weeks ago. Have been trying to set up HomeSafe for the past few weeks (from various devices/internet connections) but get this error message when accessing MyAccount security settings; 

“There was a technical error

We’re sorry and working hard to resolve this. Please try again later.”

Have attached the screenshot also. Could someone please enable my HomeSafe or remove the technical problem so I can do it manually.

Regards

Sunny 

IMG_4541.jpeg

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 17

HI Waytruthlife

This has been raised as  network issue, until this issue is resolved Homesafe is not available to ex-shell customers who have been migrated over to us.

Im really sorry I haven't been given a timescale for the fix to be implemented.

Apologies again. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Seems like a common issue. @Ady-TalkTalk any news? 

There is no use trying to pass us on to the Shell migration team, they cannot do anything.

This is a TalkTalk issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Ok we wait 

0 Likes

andy1536
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Same issue here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 17

Oh no. I also tried webchat but the Shell migration team could not help resolve this annoying issue. 

Hoping they find a fix to this soon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

Many thanks

0 Likes

MCsquared
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

I'm having exactly the same problem since being migrated from shell. A couple of months now. 

Message 8 of 17

Thanks for the confirmation. I've sent a chaser on the fault ticket. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

Good morning @Ady-TalkTalk yes that is correct. I can still not set up homesafe. Error message remains on my account security settings page. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi, there's been no update to my ticket. I take it you still can't setup homesafe?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

No, just wait for an update here. The support team are not online over the weekend. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 17

Hi all. Still not heard anything, should I post in more busier sub forum? 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Sunny, I've raised a ticket to the team who manage MyAccount for you. Hopefully, they'll get this sorted for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 I mean Homesafe the free basic service that includes Kidsafe.

unfortunately it is not set up on my account automatically. Possibly because I migrated from a different provider and I was not a new TalkTalk customer? 

Hoping the team can resolve. Thanks. 

edit: have added community details to my profile. Thanks for the tip! 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

@Anonymous, do you mean Homesafe (which is automatically set up anyway) or Supersafe, which is a function that you pay for and can be applied to up to 10 devices of your choice?

They serve different purposes. 

Check in the forum search engine for full descriptions of these.

Staff will respond when they reach your thread  - it's in a queue for attention. It will speed things up if you can complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings. Personal Information. 

SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.