cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

DN360T / DN370T / DN372T Software update no longer working

xyberlink
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hi,

I recently replaced my DN370T box (after it packed up) with a DN372T, but noticed the software wasn't up to date. When attempting to update the software, I get a message saying "Sorry, an error occurred while trying to update your software. Please try again later. Download failed".

Having since tried a few other boxes, it now appears that none of them will update.

I have tried all three box types - DN360T / DN370T / DN372T (none of which have the latest software)

I have tried at another address (different ISP).

I have tried them in maintenance mode.

It looks like there is an issue with the update server, i.e. it's either refusing to serve the update files, or else the files aren't there any more to be served.

I appreciate these boxes are considered obsolete by TalkTalk, but they are still perfectly serviceable and I know many people use them.

If TalkTalk support are reading, it would be great if you could check / restore the update server such that we can keep using these boxes with the latest updates (less items going to land fill - enhance your environmental credentials).

If anybody else has any ideas, or access to the update files (to load via USB), that would be much appreciated. I suspect it may be possible to extract the software image from an up to date machine through the jtag header, but it's probably beyond my skills.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

21 REPLIES 21

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

YouView TV Box software was provided by and updated by YouView.  YouView have ceased providing any support for TV Boxes supplied for TalkTalk, BT and Plusnet and all information from the YouView website regarding software versions and updates has been withdrawn.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution