cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Do I have to return my old YouView box (DN372T) when I give notice of leaving TT?

Gazzamagoo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I didn't pay for the TV element of my TalkTalk package (this current contract, ending Jan 31st 2025) and I've had this box since 2018 (so TT CS tell me)yet I now no longer have the TV element either, as of late Aug/early Sept, due to errors by TT, still, a new 4K TV made it surplus to requirements anyway. 

It does however still have a lot going for it, does this ol box.

1, it's easy to record stuff...you CAN record stuff.

2, It has 2 tuners (unlike Talk Talks so called improvement, the "super-duper" 4K Box's 1) but more importantly it's almost 80% full of my recordings.

Come to think of it, do TalkTalk YouView boxes have a place in a world, rapidly filling up with Smart TV's, especially since the muggers can't even RECORD. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Cheers Karl

It's a shame the new 4K box is not also recordable (without the need for a memory stick, or whatever it takes. Any advice on that score, what would you get?) as it would have given us the best of both worlds.

Yes, "end of life" eh. 

That would explain why it can take so long to react in general, I guess.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi

You can keep the older youview box, bu they are reaching end of life so if the box does fail, it cannot be repaired.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.