cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Green dot in top r/h corner

hikernick
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

In the last couple of days I've noticed a green dot in the top r/h corner of my TV picture. I'm fairly new to the Android TV hub, so I'm not sure if this is some combination of buttons I've pressed, or if it's trying to tell me something. Can anyone shed any light? 

It appears white in the pic below but it's definitely green!

Thanks 

Nick

1726600616978.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi All,

I noticed this behaviour a few weeks ago and this has been passed back to our devices teams for investigation.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hikernick
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thanks, yes, an amended searxh found similar stuff. It appears it's a minor bug in Android, that it stays there after it should have disappeared.

I can confirm:

1. It's activated by the mic (Google) button.

2. It disappears if you deactivate the mic in device preferences, but comes back again if you reactivate it. 

3. It disappears properly on a reboot from settings (although presumably some combination of buttons will bring it back). 

Just documenting in case it helps others. I will mark your post as the solution @fr8ys

Nick

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

This is what I searched.

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+spot+top+left+hand+corner+on+freeview&oq=green+spot+top+left+h...

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

hikernick
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks. It does sound plausible as I have accidentally activated the mic button once or twice, however pressing it now doesn't affect the green dot. I did Google myself before posting it but didn't find anything useful. I'll try a reset later and report back. It has to be said that the OS on the box is fairly fragile and often becomes unresponsive so this is probably just another one of its little quirks. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

A google search shows it's likely to be due to the microphone button having been pressed as its a warning the mic is live.

Try pressing it to see if it disappears. If not press it and issue a command such as change channel to...

Let us know if it works.

The next to try would be to disconnect the box from the mains and recomnect.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).