cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Huawei DN372T tv box failing to record on all no. 3 4 and 5 related channels.

joe942
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

This problem with channels from Winter Hill is getting worse. There are 10 channels with no HD service so the SD versions fail very often. Is it a transmission fault or a HUAwei software problem?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

joe942
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Recording failures

The MUX wavelength/channel PSB2  C34  578 Mhz which sends out the SD signals for itv, ch4 and ch5 and their related secondary channels, from Winter hill transmitter are all prone to failing to record whether tropospheric ducting in the lower atmosphere is present or not.  I have had "failed to record" on over 100 programs in the last few months.

I have two Talktalk/Youview DN372T boxes and failures are occurring on both - less so if I make sure that the associated channel I wish to record from is the one already selected for normal viewing. This is not always possible as I may be viewing another channel when a recording is set for a different one.

If I choose an HD version of the channel I wish to record then it never fails.  If I record on other Winter Hill channels/frequencies I have no problems but the C34 failing ones are the most frequently used.

All this, coupled with the lack of Itv-x makes a once excellent Talktalk/Youview unit pretty poor and the later recordable TT boxes are even less attractive.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi

bouts of high pressure like those we are currently experiencing will play havoc with freeview signals.

This is an effect known as troposoheric ducting and reduces the amount of the signal that is bounced back by the lower atmosphere causing the signals to be weaker.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes