cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

MY 4K TV BOX KEEPS SWITCHING ITSELF OFF

debbiec
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi All,

We took delivery of our 4K tv box along with fibre 150. After major headaches setting it up (could not do Captcha screen on TV via remote) we had to set up manually. Talktalk helpline were as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Anyway, Getting there slowly. There is no ITVX showing on ads as available.

But the reason for this post is it keeps turning itself off. 1st day was after 2 hours

Then it stays on all day

Totday it stays on for 5 mins and says shutting down in 60 secs! I have rebooted it to no avail. Any idea's?

Also, does anyone know if an aerial splitter can be put on the aerial line? We still have an aerial TV and want to utilise watching TV without going through the TV Box. 1 because of above 2> Because volume through TV box requires cranking right up to hear it. example on Aeiral volume 8 on TV box via HDMI 50 on TV and max on Box gives same volume, It's a Sont TV and it seems that is normal . So we need to get normal TV aerial back in place and the 4k box has aerial in but not out

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I've ordered a replacement box for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl

Still switching itself off!

Is there a default time limit on the box?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl

Will try the full reset

Cheers

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

You can use an aerial splitter to separate the signal for the TV.

For the box, can you try a full reset - press the button on the left side 5 times to initiate a full reset then see if this helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes