cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

How do I get a new set top box!!!

FreddyMercurysCat
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi everyone.  Had a problem at the start of last week with my YouView set top box.  After a whole day of pratting around, I finally got to live chat with someone in tech who confirmed our box was, indeed, goosed and for the princely sum of £25 they would send me a new one within 24-48 hours (as our TV is pretty old, doesn't have Freeview and so cannot watch TV without it).  Annoying when we do pay for TalkTalk TV so have to pay for new equipment to watch something we pay for - but hey ho, that's a separate grip.   Now well over this time limit, no new box, we haven't been charged for one on the upcoming bill, no communication from TalkTalk to confirm the order of a new box and now I can't find the live chat again.  I have called them, but I still can't get to speak to someone (can't get past the automated service).  Does anyone know how I can just order one and pay for it as I'm seriously starting to lose patience?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Be aware that the new box does NOT have record facility, as I have found out

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

If you give our customer teams a call they can add a 4K TV Box. There may be a small charge initially for the box, and they will change your current package to include TalkTalk entertainment, this replaces the old TV charge.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Karl

Sorry, but you haven't really read the original.  I'm eligible for a 4K box for a cost of £25 and if I could actually get to speak to someone I would - I have tried, but with no luck.  So, sorry your answer isn't really that helpful.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

TalkTalk no longer issue the older youview boxes and now provide the new TalkTalk 4K TV box. 

Depending on your current package and contract you may be eligible to have one of these new boxes added to your contract.

Give our customer Teams a call and ask if you can have one of the new TalkTalk 4K TV boxes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes