cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TV Hub

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hi, 

So I've installed my new TV hub, but seem to have a problem with BBC iplayer showing UHD content?, it went through updates and re set its self several times, but no joy! 

My netgem box was and is fine, shows UHD content, also checked the iplayer versions and both the same, thought these new boxes were 4K UHD, also can't find a link to the operating manual. 

Only upgraded just to test as my netgem box won't let me select 3840x2160 30hz and just defaults to FHD, however, the new TV hub box shows 3840x2160 30hz on the display settings but TV content seems blurry at time's, like it can't  refresh fast enough? 

Any thoughts anyone,

Cheers. 

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi Karl,

sorry to reply late, just finishing in a meeting,

i tried the new box but still will not show UHD on iPlayer, i contacted the BBC also and are looking into this , but did say show work and i've emailed youview and asked if they are 4k UHD compliant, just waiting on a reply.

sadly i was talking to talktalk technical for over 3 hours Tuesday and they in the end told me they are NOT UHD boxes, (see chat)

so no idea whats going on at the moment?

Capture.talktalk.PNG
0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hi

Sorry, was on a half day yesterday.

I've asked on of our Stars if they can try their box as it's only a week old, I've had this box for about a year now, so will get a second opinion on a newer box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Hi Karl,

are you online currently?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Oh I see, 

Yes that's fine, once arrived I'll setup and test and get back to you,

Thanks for your support so far 👍

Pete 

IMG_20240109_134824.jpg

these are the details of what was sent originally 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi

No options to change to enable UHD content output, so I'm thinking we really need to test another box.

I've got one on the way to you.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

IMG_20240109_131719.jpg

IMG_20240109_131851.jpg

This is through my talktalk Netgem box and 4k uhd readily available, so not broadband problem I'm sure 👍

Pete 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

IMG_20240109_130113.jpg

IMG_20240109_130138.jpg

 Hi Karl,

No still the same 🙄, my 50 inch is in the bedroom and only FHD smart tv,

Its like the hub will not allow uhd content, is there a service option to access just in case its simply a check box option to allow 4k uhd out put from the HDMI, 🤔

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Hi

OK, try it on that, but if still the same, only conclusion I can think of, if the box itself may have an issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

One last thing I'm just about to try is on my 50 inch tv shortly 👍

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi Karl, 

Just added, 

So u think the box has an issue, is there a link to the operating instructions as could do with them. 👍

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

IMG_20240109_112042.jpg

IMG_20240109_113335.jpg

IMG_20240109_113356.jpg

IMG_20240109_112918.jpg

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Hi

OK, if you can add your phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' I'll swap out the box to see if its faulty.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi Karl, 

So I've factory reset the TV hub and linked directly to my phone network and still no uhd on iplayer, so strange 🤔,

Even checked and updated all that it wanted too after the reset, BBC iplayer updated to a later version, 

So I'm not entirely sure what's going on at the moment, as I said connected directly to my other smaller 4k TV and still no uhd, even though I have uhd options on my Samsung tv.

So it's either a faulty box or something else is going on.... I have attached images too👍, also tested the 4k UHD on YouTube and works fantastic. 

IMG_20240109_104520.jpg

IMG_20240109_111058.jpg

IMG_20240109_111329.jpg

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hi

ok, let me know what happens after you test.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi Karl, 

I'm off today so what I'm  going to do is factory reset, disconnect the lan and use my phone as a WiFi hotspot, 

Just want to see if it is a broadband network issue as I have 2 units on my system that can potentially have uhd at anyone time, but during my tests they weren't on, so if an Internet issue this should prove, if not well the box must have an odd issue, I even spoke to BBC live chat and they can't comment as to why no uhd content and passing my finding on 🙄,

Once I've done the testing I'll message you my findings. 

Just to note I have a 43inch Samsung tv connected to the net with BBC iplayer uhd content available to see and my talktalk 4k netgem box also showing BBC iplayer uhd content if I need it too connected to a 50 inch smart TV.

Pete 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Hi

that is strange as it should show available.  Last thing to try is a factory reset so it can download and install all apps and play store fresh, If that doesnt work then we need to swap out the hub.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Just thought I'd check if BBC iplayer is in the app store and shows as not available on this device 😕

IMG_20240108_154231.jpg

0 Likes

Message 19 of 34

1704728110350456467509572488516.jpg

 no,

Still no UHD option, 

What's your display setting g on your TV as mine is set to 3840x2160 @ 30hz, this is on my 65 inch monitor, was 60hz on my 43 inch Samsung but didn't make a difference anyway 🙄

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

OK, I'm eager to see if this is the issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes