cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TV Hub

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hi, 

So I've installed my new TV hub, but seem to have a problem with BBC iplayer showing UHD content?, it went through updates and re set its self several times, but no joy! 

My netgem box was and is fine, shows UHD content, also checked the iplayer versions and both the same, thought these new boxes were 4K UHD, also can't find a link to the operating manual. 

Only upgraded just to test as my netgem box won't let me select 3840x2160 30hz and just defaults to FHD, however, the new TV hub box shows 3840x2160 30hz on the display settings but TV content seems blurry at time's, like it can't  refresh fast enough? 

Any thoughts anyone,

Cheers. 

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

I'm just about to try another hdmi 👍

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 34

1704727520711194903153074380419.jpg

yes 👍

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Hi

Just to double check, now the app is up to date, in the ipalyer settings, is video quality set to 'Best' ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

vauxman
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 34

Hi, 

So I've updated what I can, factory reset the unit, logged back in to iplayer and still won't show the UHD content,

Very odd, tried the box on my smaller 43inch smart tv which is new and still doesn't show on the TV hub, but iplayer on the TV is fine, so not a network problem, 🤔,

Unless there will be further updates 

IMG_20240108_150955.jpg

IMG_20240108_150911.jpg

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Best we make sure you have the latest version of the App and see if that behaves as it should.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Oh okay, 

I'll give that ago shortly 👍

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Hi

Mine is showing the same info except app version is 29.36.13.1

Can you go to the google playstore, head over to your avatar image - top right, select Manage Apps, and see if there are any updates showing.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Hi Karl, 

No, it's not showing at all, 

I've checked the network and all okay. see images 

IMG_20240108_130226.jpg

IMG_20240107_231814.jpg

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Hi

OK, let me know when you can, try the episode 1 of murder is easy, as that is showing as UHD and et me know if that has poor quality.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Hi Karl, 

I'm at work currently, will check when back shortly,

I'm using the standard iplayer and my speeds are okay as I remember, I will check as i say as may have done another update over night.

Just didn't show the UHD options on the iplayer page,

The tourist was just as standard display... 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Hi

Are you using the new Iplayer Beta or the standard Iplayer ?

I'm just testing my hub here with episode 1 of Muder is easy, that is showing in UHD, so far, no issues or breakup, bow is using WiFi.

Can you check your broadband speeds and confirm these are ok.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Hi Karl, 

I'm Lan cable direct to the router.. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hi

Have you tried connecting the box to the router wired, so not using wifi to see if this changes anything ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes