cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New tv hub sound issues

Charlottebell6
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi, I have just received a new tv hub box and installed it but the sound quality is terrible. Sounds fuzzy and is out of sync with the picture. Any help gratefully received!!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

I will feed this back to our Devices Teams.

I've tested a few of these boxes on Samsung and LG TV's and they are working correctly when connected to the TV, 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Charlottebell6
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk 

It’s a JVC 40 inch LED smart tv 

model LT-40C755(A)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

What make and model of TV are you using ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Charlottebell6
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

It happens on all channels and all on demand channels. 
yes we have tried different hdmi cables and ports. I do not have another tv.

I am very unhappy with this new service. We will have to go back to the old one and just continue to suffer without itvx if there is nothing more you can do, but why you have produced a tv box that does not work with so many peoples tvs is a mystery. As I can see from the comments on this help group that I am not the only one with the delayed and fuzzy sound problems! 

what can you do to help?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

Is this on all freeview channels ?

Does it do the same with on demand from Iplayer etc ?

Have you tried another HDMI cable or different HDMI port on the TV  or tried on another TV ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Charlottebell6
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

@the replacement tv box arrived but the sound issues are the exact same…..

is there anything else you can do or do I need to just go back to using the old tv box and you arrange to remove the tv package from my upgrade deal/monthly payments.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

I'll get the TV box swapped out for another in case this has failed.  The replacement has been ordered.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

No, that doesn’t help either….

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

Next option is to factory reset the box.

Take the power cable out the back of the box.  Press and hold the button at the front of the box.

Insert the power cable into the box, keeping the button on the front pressed.

The Android menu will appear.

You can then select the option to factory reset using the remote.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

None of that helps I’m afraid @Karl-TalkTalk Any other ideas? It’s very frustrating! 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi

First, make sure the volume of the box is set to full.  You can press the microphone button on the remote to activate Google Assistant, then say... 'Set volume to 100%'

Check the HDMI Cable is correctly seated at both ends, the back of the box and TV.  You can always remove it and re-connect it to make sure. 

Power the box off at the mains for a few minutes to see if this also clears the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes