cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

No connection from router to TV box

Diane
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I have a TV plusbox. It is saying there is no connection to Broadband and the router does not have the  TV light showing as on.  Consequently I cannot get iplayer etc. I have turned them both off and rebooted  and done the checks that the website asked for in Help website.  The router is upstairs and box downstairs but it has been working well and I have the necessary equipment with the ethernet connection. Any suggestions please.  Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Some adapters can be mixed but not sure of the BT ones, it would have to be trial and error.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Diane
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Thank you Karl, the adapters have arrived and all seems fine.  Could you just tell me if the adapters can be mixed and paired together by the button.. The BT ones do have a lot longer lead. The Tenda ones have a fairly short lead. Thank you again for being so prompt.

Diane.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl v

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Diane
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl, Thank you so much. I really didn't know what to do next! Very grateful and let's hope it does the trick. Thanks again. Diane

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

This could be the adapters that have failed,

I'll get a set of adapters out to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Diane
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl, thank you so much for getting back quickly. Yes I have BT powerline adapters. The one near the  TV is on for power and ethernet but not data. The one by the Router is not on at all.  Thanks. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

are you using powerline adapters ?

If so, are the lights all green on the adapters?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes