cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now sports subscription

Aunty
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I have contacted talk talk on two occasions regarding not being able to access NOW sports and still waiting for this to be resolved, the most recent conversation ended with my waiting on an activation code, this was Friday and still waiting.  It’s frustrating as this is the channel my 94 year old father watches the most as he doesn’t get out much and something which is being paid for.  Any suggestions on how this can be resolved asap?

Valerie woods
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

If you or your father can think of the email address he would have had at the time, you can see if you can access the email and try the forgotten password option at the NOW TV website.

If unable to remember the email used for login then the only option left is to contact TalkTalk and cancel or remove the Sky Sports option.  In theory, you could then use another email address and sign up directly with NOW TV and see what deals they have, but if you follow this route, make a note somewhere of any login details.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi karl

Been onto NOW and they cannot help because we don’t know what his password is and tried to check account details using his name and last four digits of his payment card but that wasn’t successful as his payment card has changed since set up, they are suggesting cancelling the subscription payment which is through Talktslk and setting up new account, I’m concerned that this is not a quick win and in theory as payment is being taken should be a simple matter of reinstating.

appreciate any help u can suggest

Valerie woods
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

Yes, we have no knowledge or access to any NOW TV user names or passwords.

When this was originally set up back in 2022 your father would have set up a username and password direct with NOW TV via their website.  This would have been an email address for the username.

If you can try any email address he would have had, at the NOW TV website, it should send a password reset link through to the email address if it is correct.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

He has no idea about setting anything up, all he knows is clicks on NOW in his apps and then sports and away he goes, currently asking for username and password.

so u r suggesting go into NOW etc to reset?

Valerie woods
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

OK, I've had a look at this.  First thing to note, is that Sky Sports has been active from 2022, so no activation email would be sent as it's already active. 

When this was set up, your father would have had his own log in details for NOW TV.

You can verify or check any log in details you think wold be correct directly at www.nowtv.com

You can also reset any passwords here.  

The original log in would have been with an email address.

As this is stored directly with NOW TV, we have no access or view of any log in details.

Can you check if your father is aware of any NOW TV log in details ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Karl

I just spotted I incorrectly entered account number which I have now changed on my profile.

Apologies

val

Valerie woods
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

If you can put his account number or even his house number and postcode in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' then I can locate his account and take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

My dad  has no recollection of an email address as he doesn’t communicate via that so we reset with mine, which is how I am accessing his account and this was done through customer services on Friday who spoke to dad and gave his permission for this to happen, hence my being able to log into his account and contact you guys.  There are no pending emails in his account and I have been checking mine email account every hour since Friday for the past two days.

i am staying with my dad til tomorrow as covering for his carers holiday so really need to get sorted today as I don’t live near him so can’t get back to sort that easily.

desperate to resolve

Valerie woods
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

I cannot see or locate your fathers account with the information on your profile.

Just as an FYI,  the Now TV Activation is sent via email to your fathers email address that is used for TalkTalk billing.  ie. the email address associated with the account.

The link in the email can be opened on a PC etc and this will activate the NOW TV Subscription on the NOW TV Website.

Have you checked the email account for any NOW TV Email activation ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

I have entered my details with dads account number as requested, he is long standing TalkTalk customer.

checked account this morning can’t find activation code anywhere

im keeping everything crossed as it is becoming a problem as dad doesn’t understand and keeps trying the channel.

thsnks for your help

Valerie woods
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Aunty 

Can you pop your fathers account number in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' and I'll take a look at the status of the subscription.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes