cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Old TV Receiver some channels now not working?

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have the old type youview tv receiver which I use for freeview channels and recording TV programmes. For some reason some of the channels have stopped working "Now60" etc. Is this because the TV receiver that I have is no longer supported?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Glad you got to the bottom of it.  Just as an FYI , and for anyone else reading this, as fr8ys mentioned earlier, weather has affected freeview signals in some regions.  As an example, here in the northwest,  I'm on the winterhill transmitter.

Samsung TV downstairs often looses Sky News and sometimes BBC News but an LG TV upstairs seems to hold onto them.  So it can also depend on the quality of the Tuner also.   Both TV's use an external roof aerial.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Found out that the problem is "That's TV" channel 71 has now been removed from Freeview, maybe available at certain times through streaming?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Ok, try a retune, but first remove the aerial and retune to clear any residual memory the box might be holding. Then reinsert the aerial and retune.

Does this help?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

The channels are working fine on my Tv freeview and a spare freeview receiver I have.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

No.

The weather is causing problems and channels, especially those considered minor ones, are the first to disappear. Retuning also does not help and can cause you to lose more.

You might find your TV has a stronger tuner than your box and you may be able to receive this on there 

If it's missing on both you might find that your local transmitter is no longer broadcasting these channels 

You can check on the Freeview website what channels you should get by inputting your postcode there.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes