cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Recording with Netgem 4k box

Normy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I've set up my new Netgem box. Am I understanding this right that the box does not have internal recording capability and I have to buy a large capacity USB stick? And then format myself? Funny how Talktalk never mentioned this at renewal. 

Also I read on another topic that I still won't be able to watch one channel while recording another. That can't be right surely?

When I look at the Talktalk website it seems to show a different hub to the one I've been given. Talktalk say that there's no need to record bu that's nonsense because not all programmes ate available after broadcast.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

OK, but the industry as a whole is now moving towards an online streaming model as other companies are starting to provide streaming boxes, so this is not just Talk Talk.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Normy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply but that feels like a massive backward step for our needs.  We'll go back to the old box. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

The Netgem box does require a USB stick to record, we recommend a good quality 256Gb usb stick as this is big enough.

Also, as the box only has a single tuner you cannot record a channel whilst watching another, however if you have an aerial splitter you can watch another channel directly on the TV via it's own tuer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes