cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub HDR

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I've setup my TV box, the Hub version that comes with the full fibre service. 

I know it's a 4k HDR box but HDR appears to be enabled permanently. Is there a way to stop this so HDR is only presented on an HDR broadcast? 

HDR on standard def bbc1 for example looks odd. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

I have, and there are, but it just turns HDR on or off. No intelligent switching like my Chromecast or previous Sky Q box did when it flicked between SDR and HDR content.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

Have you checked if there are any options in the TV menu to turn off HDR in the display.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ben_flugel
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Karl.

If there's any process for feedback, it'd be useful to pass that on. The ability to match HDR to the content being played would be useful. Chromecast with Google TV has that ability so hopefully it's something Talk Talk's Google TV service could open up. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

I've been unable to find any option on the box to control HDR.  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.