cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV box becoming unreliable

PaulAtkin1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have had my Talktalk TV box for many years now but am now getting an increasingly unreliable service from it. The problems I am experiencing are as follows:

1. Programs will regularly fail to record (usually on ITV and channel 4 for some reason)

2. With no warning the box will freeze and will only resume working after being turned off and re-booted. This takes around 10 minutes each time it has to be  done.

3. Most recently, the box has shown itself to be incompatible with the new ITVx streaming service.

I have carried out the full factory reset, losing all my recorded material in the process, but this has not improved matters.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that the older boxes like mine simply aren't compatible with ITVx anyway so the reset was an utter waste of time.

Is there a process whereby my old box can be replaced with something more up to date and reliable?

Regards

Paul Atkin

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

You can return the new hub via the returns bag as the serial number will be registered against your account so will then be returned against your account as they process the returns.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl,

I contacted the Talktalk team on Thursday 11th Jan on the number you supplied and was advised that the new TV hub was what I required. This duly arrived yesterday, Friday 12th which I have to say is amazing service.

Unfortunately, on unpacking the hub and starting to install it, we realised that this device cannot record programs and is merely a streaming device. This wasn't made clear during the phone call so I am very disappointed as you don't seem to offer any box that can record as my old unit does.

I contacted the customer support line again and explained that the new hub doesn't suit my needs at all and I would like to return it and carry on using my legacy TV box that, whilst been slightly unreliable and unable to  access ITVx, is infinitely more useful to me than a box that can't record at all.

I was advised that I could return the hub using the returns label and postage bag which were intended for the return of the old legacy box.

Before doing this I wanted to ask whether this is the right course of action or should it be handled another way?

I wanted to check using your service rather than having to endure the joy sapping experience that is the customer service phone call.

Best regards

Paul Atkin 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

We do have a newer Streaming TV box that will support the new Apps such as ITV X.

You can see a comparison of the TV Boxes at : Compare our TalkTalk TV Boxes - TalkTalk Help & Support

If you are interested in one of the newer boxes, give our teams a call (0345 172 0088) and they can discuss any current offers that are available.

If out of contract, you would be asked to renew.  Also, any previous TV charge would be removed and replaced by TalkTalk Entertainment at £5 per month to cover the box rental and additional TV offers and boosts available in My Account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes