cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talk talk box not connecting to tv

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

When we turn on the TV and the talk talk box, nothing happens.

The TV works with our fire stick and the light comes on the talk talk box and remote but nothing happens 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Hi Karl,

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

New box is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Yes please 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi

Would you like me to send a replacement box and returns bag for the broken box ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Hi, we swapped for the old box and it works, obviously the fault is in the 4k box 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

OK, If the HDMI cable was not the issue, the next option would be to swap out the box.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Hi Karl.

We swapped our 4k box for our old talk talk box, and it works.. 

How old box was replaced as it doesn't access itv x , but it's better than one that doesn't work at all

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

Can you try unplugging the HDMI cable at both ends then plug back in to make sure it's seated correctly. If you have another HDMI cable, try this to rule out a faulty cable.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Sadly nothing happens 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

If you change the source channel with the TV Remote, and go through the HDMI sources, can you see the input from the box ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Frustrated171223
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

What model TV box do you have ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes