cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk TV Hub

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

I recently ordered TV from TalkTalk, during the sale with the agent I mentioned that I wanted Disney Plus app on the box. They explained the 4K box does not have the D+ app, however the newer TV Hub box does. They agreed to send out the TV Hub rather than 4K box. 

When it arrived, I noted it was the 4K box received and not the agreed TV hub. I contacted TalkTalk a few weeks ago and they said it was for full fibre only. The chat dropped before I was able to proceed. I spoke again this morning, the same line with it being full fibre only etc. 

Please, why did the sales agent assure me when taking out TV, reassure me that it would be the TV hub that has access to Disney+ app. I am happy to send the received one back in exchange for TV hub. 

Not sure if relevant, but I am on the Fibre150 package.

Thank you

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

For us, there is no option to place an order for this, it is physically impossible as no option shows on the system for your account, so it's not that we do not want to, just that the system prevents us from doing this here.

As you have raised, and have an open complaint from yesterday, the complaints team will be in touch to discuss this and may have a way of manually placing an order for this, but as the TV hub has only recently been launched there are limited stocks until orders are ramped up as they introduce these to the rest of the customer base.

Also, whilst the Netgem box is not android based, a lot of the content is the same across both boxes, and the Netgem does have exclusive IP channels that cannot be found on the TV hub, so both boxes have pros and cons.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Okay I understand Karl. 

However, please understand this, I was contacted by the CEO complaints team on Wednesday 10th May and the colleague assured that they would send out a TV Hub, along with an email confirmation to acknowledge this. 

As you can appreciate, to be told that this would happen and it hasn't, is a bit frustrating for a customer. 

This is the second time I would've been assured a TV hub would be issued. Seems like I'm fighting a losing battle. 😕

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I can see you have been in contact with the complaints team yesterday afternoon.

The TV Hub has not been rolled out to additional customers as yet so there is no option to order this for your account.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jdx90
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Good morning

I have recently discussed with TalkTalk CEO complaints and they have agreed due to the points raised that they would issue out the newer TV Hub. 

I received the order yesterday and it is the old 4K Netgem box which I already have. I have since been on live chat this morning who claim that the TV hub is old and being discontinued (opposite to what has been mentioned on here).

Please can someone help me with exchanging the 4K Netgem for the TV Hub, this is quite poor form from TalkTalk.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

The TV Hub is a recent launch with limited stock so this is aimed at Full Fibre new customers initially. There are plans to open this up to all customers in the near future.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I understand, however I took out the TV package on the basis that the TV hub would be the provided equipment. May I ask why is it restricted to full fibre customers, when my speed is of the equivalent of full fibre at 150Mbps?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

the TV hub is currently only available to full fibre customers, however this may become available to more customers in the near future.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes