cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K TV Hub Box Remote not pausing Live TV

TeresaM19
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Remotes/Accessories function is not under Settings - cannot update Remote Control Firmware
Pressed 7 and 9 together to reset the Remote Control, without success
Also cannot pair the Remote to Panasonic TV - Viera Link is On

Been through all the help and advice listed in The Community, but nothing works

20230420_233652.jpg

Also, Google Play Apps is not showing under Apps

Teresa Meakins
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

you are confusing the 4K TV box with the TV hub.  The 4K TV Box (Netgem) is not android based so does not have access to the Google play store.  Also the remote is not bluetooth so does not need to pair with the box.  

Timeshifting will only start from the moment you press pause on the channel, you can then go forward as much as the program has progressed or back to the moment you paused,

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Kimkatesam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

I am having the same problems.  Cannot pair remote as no remote/accessories button in settings??  I have brought a USB stick and still timeshift does not work.  This 4G box is very poor compared to the last one I had.  No luck with speaking to someone at talk talk and am very disappointed with it all.

0 Likes

Kimkatesam
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

I have exactly the same problem.  Have put a USB stick in and then I have to unplug the whole tv and box for timeshifting and recording to work every time!!!  The New 4G box is nothing like the old one I had and am even paying more for it.  Cannot update the remote as above in settings there is no remotes/accessories to do it.  Virtually impossible to speak to someone from talktalk about it.  Not happy at all.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Found out via someone else's post, the time shift only works if a USB Drive is present.

The USB Drive gets very hot if left in all day, which is concerning.

Teresa Meakins
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

this is not the TVHUB, this is the 4K box.  This is not android, so there is no Google play store, you cannot add apps to this box.

You cannot update the remote firmware or pair the remote.

Also the box uses time shifting so you must press pause when on the channel, and you can then fast forward and rewind from the point you paused from as the program continues,

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes