cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv Hub info not coming up

Ljmm1967
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

The info isn’t showing up when we press the info button. If we press and hold the off button until the box appears on screen to turn off the box fully and then wait before turning it back on the info starts working again. We also had all of the channels and apps disappear for a whole day. Nothing worked until I switched everything off and on again at the wall. Once the tv and broadband hubs rebooted we got all the channels back again. 
we are having to do this regularly and it is getting ridiculous. My son is a networking engineer for a well known company and has said that it’s not our wiring or set-up that’s the issue. He has walked us through some tests that check for isp failures. We got sent out a new router and that has been fine since. It’s the tv hub that’s causing issues with having to reboot it constantly. We are on our second tv box and fibre router since joining TalkTalk in February this year. This is just so poor and we are completely dissatisfied with the quality and functionality of these products. TalkTalk are paid to deliver a service, but are still using equipment that so many other customers have complained about since their inception. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

I've escalated this to our devices teams to take a look.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

OK, if you can send me the Google ID from the bottom of the box, I can ask our devices teams to look at the logs from the box to see if any errors are produced that might indicate why the box is failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

We have had the router replaced and not had any other issues regarding attached equipment. We have an android fire tv in our bedroom and that’s been brilliant. It’s just a fault with the Tv hub. So I would like that replaced and not the router. Our old one fried itself. The main bit inside that controls the Wi-Fi and Ethernet failed. I ran diagnostics on it, and it came back no ISP found. I have an old router that I tried and that was working. 
As I reiterated it’s the TV hub that’s having issues. I haven’t hard reset again, but same fault with no tv terrestrial channels showing and info failing. If I turn the box off and on at the wall then it works for a day or 2 then stops working again. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

OK, I want to swap out the router for the Wi-Fi hub rather than the Huawei Hub you have, So I'll request one of these is sent.  I'll also raise this with our Device manager to look into for any issues.

Can I ask that you drop me a PM (do not post publicly) with the Google ID of the box.  This will be on a sticker underneath the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes we did that @Karl-TalkTalk . It’s a real pain, as I have had to re-sign into everything, and configure it how we had it. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi

When resetting the box, did you use the following method.

Unplug the power cable.  Holding down the power button on the front, insert the power cable. When the android recovery menu appears, release the power button and select the option to fully factory reset the box.

Also, do you have any splitters or amplifiers in place along the aerial connection, or is it simply an aerial lead from the external aerial to he box?

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Yes we have done that. We also had an issue with all the channels failing recently too. We thought our aerial wasn’t working, so we plugged the lead straight into the tv and it was working perfectly. We then plugged it back into the set top box and no channels. We reset box and channels came back. I do not believe these boxes are fit for purpose. Sometimes the only thing working are the apps, but we do like to watch terrestrial tv also. The box is wired directly into the router, so no issues with it being a Wi-Fi problem. 

Getting back to the original no info comes up when info button is clicked. I reset the box last night and that info came back, but my husband has said that it has failed again this morning.

We have a seagate 500gb hard drive attached for extra storage and I ejected that, to see if there was an issue with it. The STB still kept failing to show the info when info button on remote was pressed. 

we are really not happy that the box has to be constantly turned fully off, rebooted or Factory Reset. There has to be an inherent fault within these boxes, as we’ve had 2 go wrong in just a few months of signing up to TalkTalk. On searching the web and TalkTalk  community these new TV Hub boxes are not fit for purpose. When it works it’s good, but it’s not working consistently for the majority of the time we try to use it. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Have you tried factory resetting the TV Hub as this will redownload the software and clear any bugs that may have crept in?

If not you can do this from the settings menu.

Let us know how you get on please 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes