cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

You sent new TV box to my previous address after home move order

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I moved house 2 weeks ago. I contacted TalkTalk and gave my new address and got a new broadband contract on 30 Aug with TV. 

I was told that the TV box would be delivered on 6 or 7 Sept with an engineer booked on 8 Sept to install it. I got a text message confirming the engineer appointment and it had my new postcode in the text, so I knew they were coming to my new address. 

Then I got an email about the delivery of the TV box. When I tracked the order I discovered that TalkTalk has sent the TV box to my previous address where I will not be able to collect it. Not only that, but the delivery date estimate is 9 Sept - the day after the engineer is supposed to come here to install it.

Why did TalkTalk book the engineer to my new address correctly yet send the TV box to my previous address? What is the engineer supposed to install if the box isn’t here? So I have changed the engineer appointment to two weeks from now so the engineer doesn’t show up on Friday with nothing to do here.

What will happen with the TV box when it can’t be delivered because I no longer live at the address you sent it to? What if it’s delivered to one of my old neighbours who I have no way to contact? I am not paying for a second TV box when you didn’t send the first one to my current address. I am very disappointed and feel like I want to leave TalkTalk now.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Okay, thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I am relying on a terrible mobile signal to get online while I have no Wi-Fi and sometimes it doesn’t work at all, so I just had to pay £20 for 5 days of Wi-Fi hotspot access (waste of money) that constantly disconnects just so I could send an email to order medication that I can’t live without, and reply to you also.

So forgive me for being frustrated in my original post but this is stressful situation for me. I can’t wait to have working Wi-Fi at home again and TV too. I will try to be patient until it all gets sorted out. 

Thanks for your help Karl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

We would not charge you for the TV box, it's easy enough for any billing to be corrected.  The courier will usually mark this as a failed delivery after the first attempt. As soon as this updates on your account, it will then allow a fresh order to be placed, however, I've had a look at your account, and the equipment order on your account, and it has not been sent to the courier as yet, this is still with our logistics teams, so they will verify the address with the fibre order before it is dispatched.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Is it not possible for TalkTalk to contact them and say there has been a mistake and not to deliver it to that address, since the delivery date is still 3 days away according to their estimate? I’m wondering how long this will take, and will I be expected to pay when this one wasn’t going to cost anything? (Except for the TalkTalk TV service monthly cost). I shouldn’t be expected to pay when I won’t be receiving the first one.

I have rescheduled the engineer appointment for 20 Sept and I will have to reschedule it again if there’s no TV box here for them to install on that date.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

We would normally wait for the device to either be returned by the courier for non delivery, or to be marked as delivered before a second unit would be ordered. We can then manually check the delivery address is showing as correct before we place the ordr.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl,

What if the TV box is delivered to a neighbour at my previous address? Then it would show as delivered?

How can I get another sent to my new address at no cost to me? And then how do I get an engineer to come and install it? I feel like this is something that should be done for me and not something I should have to arrange since this is not my mistake.

I have been a TalkTalk customer for a few years and was looking forward to getting all the services up and running in my new home, so yes I have considered leaving if nothing will be done to resolve this for me when I did not cause this and I would be happy to stay with TalkTalk if this was resolved.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

The TV box should be returned as not able to deliver, the delivery address should update on your account now, so a future order will go to your new address.

If you are determined to leave, give out Customer Loyalty teams a call and they can discuss options with you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes