cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView Box and ITVX

JudyCG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My current YouView box does not allow me to access ITVX.

I tried to discuss having a box upgrade on TalkTalk chat but wasn’t getting anywhere so I telephoned TalkTalk Customer Service.  They said they couldn’t help as I upgraded to faster fibre with City Fibre (as recommended by TalkTalk) in October 2022.

i was transferred to City Fibre who said that I am unable to upgrade to a new YouView box as I am on the Fibre 65 Plan.

I then asked if I could go back to using broadband through my landline and I was told that if I did I would lose my landline!

So, in a nutshell, as I am on a two year contract with TalkTalk which doesn’t expire until November 2024 so I am unable to change my provider without incurring costs.

Also, I am unable to stream ITVX until City Fibre supports it.

When I signed up for a two year contract I expected to continue receiving the service I was currently receiving.

i wish I had never upgraded to faster fibre!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@JudyCG, the core contract is simply Broadband services and the possibility of making phone calls. 

If subscribed to the TV services, and finding them unsatisfactory, you can ring in on 03451 720088 and ask them to remove this part of the service so you are not paying the TV charge for something that doesn't work well for you.

It won't impact on the core service price.

If you do upgrade, the 4K box has different features, so you need to check these out (use the forum search engine) and the TV charge is replaced by rental of the 4K box. That's £5.00 per month.

Again, core services are not affected. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your message. I quite agree with you and said exactly the same to TalkTalk as I am not receiving the services I signed up for.  Unfortunately I am not being offered a reduction in my contract price despite being a loyal customer of TalkTalk for a number of years.  Apparently I have to wait until City Fibre can support the upgrade!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@Tyke1 

As mentioned previously, please start your own topic if you wish to discuss this furher. There are many older devices that are incapable of supporting recent apps, sadly the TalkTalk YouView boxes are amongst them. 

0 Likes

Tyke1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

This seems to be a common answer from Talktalk, ie. there's nothing they can do!  If you have a contract with Talktalk for them to provide a Catch Up TV service (through Talktalk's own Youview box which Talktalk supplied to customers), then surely they have to provide that service otherwise they have broken the contract?   If the equipment they have provided cannot be upgraded to the latest version of apps such as ITVX, or for some reason it 'doesn't work on City Fibre' then surely it is Talktalk's responsibility to sort it out or to offer a reduction in the contract price to customers to reflect their inability to provide the services those customers are paying for.  

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'm sorry to hear this.  We are unable to issue a new TV Box to customers on City Fibre at this moment in Time, but this may change in the future.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes