cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

new tv box

Lev0889
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My mum as moved from Sky after 20+ years and she (a pensioner) took on board the advice of switching to avoid the high costs of Sky. I feel (as her son) that i've let her down terribly because her tv box has not been working since her "go live" day on May 18th, and as her representative, I have been tearing my hair out in resolving this with the customer call centre. It was diagnosed by the technoical team (after running checks) that the box was most likely faulty. Her replacement box was meant to be a prority and it should have arrived on Tues 19th May but she has received nothing since. We feel terribly let down and she is now seriously considering switching back. I am calling for her later today after finishing work and I have been given a complaint number and phone number to call. Anybody from Talk Talk that can help resolve this for us before then would be most appreciated as I am not looking forward to ringing another call centre again. She just wants her replacement tv box ASAP and I can connect her up - it should be as simple as that. I can email someone back before 5pm today but i will not be able to take any calls before that. Thank you  (a stressed son of a new customer)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Lev0889

Do you still require assistance ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Lev0889

Can you add your mums account number or phone number in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' so I can locate the details.

Also can you tell me what is wrong with the box, will it not power on, not connect etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

You need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, first of all, and also find your mother's account, @Lev0889.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. 

Add your landline phone number  / account number here.

In Private Notes, at the end of that section, add your mother's details. 

Always SAVE CHANGES. 

Rather confused by the dates in your post - today is just the 19th May, and not a Tuesday,  so do you mean a different month / date?

That's quite important, as if she is thinking of leaving and is outside the cooling off period, a faulty TV box is not the sort of thing to qualify for the waiver of Early Termination Fees.  

Staff will reply on here as soon as they reach your thread. It is in a queue for attention. 

They respond Monday to Friday. Forum staff will not contact you by phone. Communication is on this thread, so online only. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes