cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I access My Account if I follow advice to abandon Pipex email?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

As a legacy Pipex Customer with a Business Webmail, I have been advised by Customer Services to transfer all my emails to gmail. I am thinking of doing this shortly. But I have two questions.

First, my login to My Account, and the address that TalkTalk use to contact me re bills etc. is 

xxxxx@dsl.pipex.com

So how would this email address be changed? There must be TalkTalk customers who have no TalkTalk or legacy email address.

Secondly, emails re my contributions to this Community Forum are sent to my dsl.pipex address. 

Can I give TalkTalk my gmail address to receive these?

I look forward to hearing from you

Pal353
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Pal353 

Managing your email in My Account (Click here) is the advice article to look at.  You can set up either an existing TalkTalk email account or an external email account to use to sign in to MyAccount and to receive your billing emails.  The bit you need from the article is Change your MyAccount username.  Select the down arrow to the right of that section to expand it to see the instructions.

Sign in to MyAccount and you'll see a table with your talktalk email addresses. The bottom one in the table is your MyAccount email address. Currently that'll be the pipex one. Select Edit on that line to change the MyAccount email address to a new external email address or select one of the existing TalkTalk email addresses by selecting its dot button on the right side of the table.

For the Community notifications the email setup is in your Community Profile, My Settings, Personal Profile, Email Settings.  Enter the new email address, confirm and save. You will receive an email from Community with a link to click on to verify the email address. 

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Many thanks Gondola. That is very helpful. All I need now is a new password for Pipex email,just for a short time. OCE Chris is trying to help a deaf customer 

Pal353
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Many thanks Gondola. I am in the process of transferring all contacts that I wish to retain to my gmail address. It is a slow and wearing process and not to be undertaken lightly. But there will be fewer scams and a more reliable service. So at some point, I shall follow your advice and follow the article you mention. I have successfully altered the email for notifications in this Community.

Pal353