Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I contact TalkTalk if no longer a customer

27 REPLIES 27
talkkev19
Participant

I have an outstanding complaint relating to my Mothers account. She is no longer with TalkTalk after receiving massively different charges than when she was with Onetel. The letter states phone 03451720088. However this is an automated number asking for her Talktalk phone number, it does not accept her number because she is not a TalkTalk customer anymore. Is there another phone number?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi talkkev19 

The ways to contact TalkTalk are here: Contact us

You're indicating that it's you that is the contact point for your mother's former account. If you have previously arranged Power of Attorney or were a Nominated user then the 'phone or livechat agents will be able to advise on an outstanding complaint.

If that doesn't get resolved or they cannot discuss with you because you're not pre-authorised then the best thing in my view would be to write to TalkTalk at the Write to us address. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi @talkkev19

Do you have a Complaint reference 

If you can add it to the private notes section of your community profile I can check on it. 

Thanks

talkkev19
Participant

I have a letter back from Talktalk to contact a manager by phone. The phone number they quote requires a valid Talktalk number which she no longer has. My question is what phone number can I use that doesn't involve an automated request for a Talktalk phone number. Contact us is not the issue, have been there done that and complaint has been escalated to manager and I am trying to talk to this manager.

talkkev19
Participant

Yes complaint reference is 1-000006-319526-0

Community Team
Community Team

Ok that complaint is now closed, I cant discuss the details as you are not the account holder and there is no Power of Attorney on the account, All I can say is that according to the notes,  contact was made with the account holder who agreed the resolution to close the complaint. 

talkkev19
Participant

Then Talktalk are lying! Why did I get a letter dated 7th January to phone a manager:

Nhiakanipho Mdlalose,  your talktalk team.

I have not spoken to anyone since this date/letter.

MrBloff
Conversation Starter

This is why i will no longer waste hours of my life trying to talk with someone from talktalk on the phone.

They lie then you suffer cos of it.

TalkKev i would recommend not talking with them on the phone and only communicate via their online chat and through emails that way you can keep copys of whats said as they do lie as i have evidence of it what i will be using in my complaint.

Good Luck Kev and dont let them grind you down!

talkkev19
Participant

Thanks Mr Bloff. I will try and complain again about my complaint being dismissed and lied about. Glad we have moved from Talk(lies)talk. They try and wear you down.

talkkev19
Participant

Had this in a post on how to contact TalkTalk but would post separately as I am not happy:

I sent a letter of complaint to their head office and got a letter dated 7th January to phone a manager: Nhiakanipho Mdlalose, your talktalk team which I was unable to do as they want a talktalk phone number.

We have since left TalkTalk but my complaint is still valid in my eyes.

In the letter I gave all the relevant security they needed and felt that they would deal with me by post.

Since then today from within the community I was told they had spoken to me and that the complaint was closed.(This was regarding my mothers bills since put onto a talktalk package from Onetel)

I have not spoken to anyone since this date/letter they are LYING. Nice to just shutdown a complaint even though I was dealing with them by letter!

Awful way to deal with complaints.

ferguson
Community Star

@talkkev19 I have merged your topics, please do not post multiple times on the same subject, this is regarded as spamming.

OCE Arne has already advised that as you are not the account holder there are limits as to what can be discussed with you. 

talkkev19
Participant

This is not the same subject, my point is I was lied to

talkkev19
Participant

When has multiple times been 2

Highlighted
talkkev19
Participant

They/you were dealing with me by letter but you just shut down my complaint. What part of this do you not understand?

Community Team

@talkkev19  I advised that the account holder was spoken too, You are not the account holder,  so you are correct no one will have spoken to you. Have you confirmed with your mum that she was called?  

talkkev19
Participant

I had explained in my letter that I was dealing with this issue, as I was when talking on web chats. My mother is 89 years of age and has never used a computer. The correspondence I sent to your head office on 27/12 was in my name, and the reply was addressed to me in person so they should be speaking to me.

We have left your company because of all this but I feel my complaint and possibly overcharging since moved from Onetel still stands.

She has not spoken to anyone, and I feel like I have exhausted all that I can do for her, TalkTalk win! Wear the customers down until they give up.

talkkev19
Participant

Hi, I have written to TalkTalk head office and never got a satisfactory answer, well no answer at all in fact. I have done web chats, phone calls the lot. All I wanted was a reply to my written complaint in writing as to why her bills rocketed, and no mention of phone boosts etc. She was a landline customer only with Onetel then moved to TalkTalk.

Surely head office should reply to my WRITTEN complaint, and stop fobbing me off with getting in touch yet again. You really don't like to TalkTalk as a company do you. A letter should be answered if sent in to head office by a letter back. Surely that is the least you could have done?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi talkkev19 

TalkTalk aren't permitted to discuss the account holder's billing details with you.

If you want TalkTalk to explain in writing what happened then please read the published advice article on Onetel customers moving to TalkTalk. In addition, the account holder received correspondence at the billing address detailing what would happen. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

talkkev19
Participant

She was under the impression her phone bills would be the same not 6 times she was paying. So you could not give me an explanation for this. I just hope you start losing business with the way you treat your customers. She was never given proper costs but links to the internet that she doesn't use. If this is how you deal with 80 to 90 years of age customers then I a hope more people see sense and leave your company. Thanks TalkTalk for wasting hours of my life and not giving me a credible answer or explanation!!!