cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Switching from Plusnet - Will Talktalk contact Plusnet to end my current contract?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

'Switching from Plusnet to Talktalk - Why is my current Plusnet number can not be transferred' I am worried as I had problem when placing the order online regarding switching from Plusnet to Talktalk where my existing number can not be transferred. As far as I am aware, I should be able to transfer my number to new provider but I did not receive a satisfied answer from Talktalk.
'Who will contact the old supplier?" I spoke to Talktalk customer service and they said I have to give notice to end the existing contract with Plusnet myself as Talktalk can not transfer my number and they will give me new number. On Talktalk website it says....
"Who tells my current provider?
If you're currently with BT, EE, PlusNet or Sky one of our agents will cancel your contract with them once you've placed your order with TalkTalk."
According to this, it should be Talktalk contacting Plusnet for this switch and transfer my current number. I am very confused.
'Please confirm if Talktalk can take me on as a new customer at this early stage" Some people mentioned about the orders they placed not getting through to Talktalk even after repeated attempts. I would like to know if eveything is progressing well to become a Talktalk customer as I do not want Talktalk let me down at the last minute.
Please clarify my above queries at this early stage so that I know what to expect.
Many thanks.