cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

£50 penalty charge

Joani10
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi Arne(?)

hoping you can advise?

talk talk emailed me to say they would take £50 from my next payment as I “hadn’t returned equipment” post an upgrade to faster full fibre in February. Fact is I HAVE, and have proof of postage. To add insult to injury, they then say they have already reminded me, but to “ignore” the email if I’ve already returned it. Surely this is wrong!

In fact, I had expected a voucher FROM THEM, as a reward for upgrading! My neighbour received hers on the day of the upgrade. Can you help me understand and advise please?

Regards

Joani10

Jw
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Joani10

The voucher has been issued, please check your emails

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Joani10

I have no idea how that charge was applied, it never should have been. 

The credit was raised by the customer service agent and it has been authorized today, transaction history will reflect that.   In relation to the voucher you will receive it,  gift cloud have informed us there is delay and they are sorting it out.

Apologies again.

Message 3 of 13

@Joani10, the vouchers take usually a minimum of 5 weeks to come through, so your neighbour's experience was the exception rather than the rule.

It isn't a lost cause - Arne will chase this for you, but no staff are on here at weekends. 

He'll also be able to correct any wrong equipment charges if they still show, so please don't worry about that being honoured. 

What is very worrying is the aggressive pursuit of customers when the equipment has already been returned. We'll keep feeding back about that. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Arne and support

I’m so sick and tired of talk talk.

Despite your assurances I wouldn’t be charged the penalty (chat thread herewith), I was just yesterday billed for £150 additional “non return of equipment”. After a 1 hour 52 minute chat with talk talk accounts they FINALLY admitted I HAD returned the kit and rescinded the charge (though I haven’t seen it yet!). All this involved me screenshooting my proof or postage and further sending the barcode number which they “couldn’t decipher”. I was further perturbed when the operative said she had to “….. formally inform me….” that I would have to reach out to some other team to progress….. it sounded intimidating and threatening…… I’m now watching for the funds / account to be reimbursed. So……. How can this all happen??.

oh….. and the voucher I requested you follow up? Feels like a lost cause…

regards

Joani10

Jw
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

HI Joani10

From what I can tell you dont have the TV service from us.  

Does the charge appear on your bill? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi again from Joani10

Just a  further point / question, as well as the mystery “voucher” thing in recent thread….

When I “signed up” for faster fibre, I was told I’d receive and new “you view” box as a necessary part of the package. I have heard nothing more. Would you kindly please advise on this too?

thank you for your ongoing support.

joani10

Jw
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

Staff will be back after the weekend, @Joani10. I'll make sure that this is back in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 13

Hi Arne

Hoping you’re well.

I was wondering if we’d heard anything back re the promised voucher as per our recent email thread?

Just a matter of principle for me.

cheers

Joani10

Jw
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Joani10

I will contact the team responsible for the vouchers.

I'll post back when they reply.

Regards

Joani10
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Thank you Arne. You’re a legend….

the amount (for the voucher), I believe was £75. I had read it took up to 28 days for that, but now that’s lapsed, yet my neighbour received hers on the very day of upgrade. All seemed a bit random?

Many thanks for for help

Joani10

Jw

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Joani10

You wont get charged for the equipment we can add you to an exemption list.  

In relation to the voucher what was the amount?