cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Acount Status / getting access to compensation

hybridmedia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I had an active account with Talk Talk which I cancelled a few months ago. Not wanting any issue with rogue payments I wanted to cancel by direct debit so no money would leak from my account

Before I did this on 13/5 i went to online chat and asked if there was any outstanding bills to pay (which was willing to do of course) but confirmed there would be no more bills and I could cancel the DD

A few days later I had an email saying there was a bill and direct debit failed.  Called up TalkTalk who cancelled it.

At the same time I have been speaking to the CEO office about a complaint which  got resolved with the payment of X for a lose of service compensation an Y for goodwill for something else, over the last few days had two emails telling me this would be added to my account, which I though was strange as had left.

Anyway I log into my account and its says my account my account is -£-116.22 with things like last months charges, One off charges fibre reversal fees.

As I had checked with billing over  month ago and they confirmed there was no charges outstanding or to come, I would expect money owed to be £0 But would expect the compensation amount of X + Y to be there as the emails mentioned.

There is nothing in my account about the compensation.

But the main thing is how do I get this compensation ahout £340 out from my account, I have left talk talk.  letters from talk Talk confirmed it, webchat confirmed it.  I need the money transferred to my own back account as not using talktalk.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi hybridmedia

Have you requested to cancel the account?  

Cant see any cancellation requests.

0 Likes

hybridmedia
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

So things are a little bit clearer looking through the transaction history the £100 payment was credited to my account,  the other payment was credited then removed from the account. But has appeared in my bank today.

so still need to extract the £100 out and stop any further bills

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Links in PMs have a very short shelf life, @hybridmedia, so it's probably expired. 

You'll need to wait till staff are back after the weekend to get another one sent - try to keep an eye out and respond as quickly as possible to catch it in time.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Arne,

Thanks for the PM, but when I click on the link I get the following error: tried on both my iphone and windows laptop.

Something went wrong.

Oops! You shouldn’t be seeing this. Please return to the social channel and contact your agent to try again.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi @hybridmedia

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

@hybridmedia, My Account stays active for at least a year after you leave. 

Cancellation of the service doesn't equate with cancellation of My Account. People may need to look up old bills, lists of calls etc long afterwards. 

The reason that we say to leave the Direct Debit in place till you are sure everything has been cleared up is that keeping it connected through My Account makes it so much easier to claim your refund. 

Talktalk never pays money back directly to the bank account. 

You will have to have it sent by cheque. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes