cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Another recurring card payment problem

Frogeye
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Apologies for long post but wanted to give as much detail as possible.

This is almost identical to Justme2's post (Problem with recurring card payment).

• Old credit card used for years without problem, was due to expire July 2023
  • Before expiry, its replacement was added to my account, same card no., new expiry date.
  • Since then (4 months) payment has been 'unsuccessful'. Immediate manual payment accepted using card details on TT file.
  • 'Chat' with TT after 2nd month's failure - 'unresolved' would be a generous description, unhelpful might be more accurate.
  • Added another card as an alternative.
  • Contacted card provider - no 'declined payments' from their point-of-view. Suggested asking TT to remove all card details from my account then starting afresh.
  • 'Chat' after 4th month equally disappointing. Agent unable/unwilling to remove card details from account.
  • Final straw £12.50 'admin charge' to be added to next bill for late payment. Agent also unable/unwilling to cancel this.

Can anyone please provide some positive assistance. As a 76-year-old, I'm finding this very stressful and frustrating.

Thanks, Eric

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Justme2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 12

yes i too have had the same problem for months.Yet again payment said paid then on checking later had been rejected so had to pay manually online,spoke to Talktalk they said to get in contact with my bank,i did this and the bank said it was something wrong at Talktalk  so no further forward,it is getting me very stressed but glad to hear im not alone in having problems with recurring card payments.

Live,Love,Laugh
0 Likes

Frogeye
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Well, whatever they have found, whatever they have tried to fix (if anything), hasn't worked because I've just had a reminder to pay my bill which hasn't been paid by recurring card payment! It's only been seven months that I've been waiting for a solution (and I'm out of contract next month!)

Message 3 of 12

Hi @Frogeye @Justme2

A system error has been found for the problem you both have, its been passed to developers for a fix. 

Will try to keep you updated. 

Message 4 of 12

Well, My Account showed the monthly bill 'Paid' early on Friday but later on it showed I still owed the full amount. I paid this manually with the card that was on file without a problem although this was still the card that has given the problem for a few months rather than the card that I added later and which shows in My Account! Very strange! Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

0 Likes

Justme2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

i feel your pain,this has happened to me since September,it is so stressful to deal with.Hopefully it will be fixed very soon

Live,Love,Laugh
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Noticed that the threatened 'admin charge' has not been added after all. If this is as a result of your efforts 'Thank you'. Waiting to see if the automatic payment works this weekend.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Frogeye

Sorry, they are still investigating, it looks like this is a problem for others aswell.  

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi, 

Any progress?  It's now nine days without any updates.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thank you, I will check with the billing team why the payments are not going through.

0 Likes

Frogeye
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

PM received, link followed and questions answered.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Frogeye

I can look into this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes