cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

'Automatic compensation' - service loss

Gavin23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I lost phone & broadband service from 07/03 - 28/03, Open Reach resolved in street cabinet. I used the line test tool on day 1,  which then showed a 'fault - in progress' in my account for weeks.

I understand automatic compensation is paid from Day 3 after reporting - can I confirm the account fault message is taken as a report? There wasn't any other information & I assumed this would start some TT action regarding the loss.

Secondly, as I had no service for 3-weeks, can I get that proportion of my bill reimbursed, in addition to the Ofcom compensation scheme payment?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

PreGP
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

I have also had a very similar issue. My Full Fibre 500 service went down on 27th January 2023. I reported it to Talktalk on 28th January and the service was eventually restored (alter multiple frustrating webchat with advisors) on 17th February 2023. I have been patiently waiting since then for the "automatic compensation" and nothing has appeared. I have continued to be charged for each month including for the time I had no service and in addition had to spend £30 extra on a vodafone unlimited data sim card for the time I had no service. Perhaps someone could chase this up for me. The Ofcom website says compensation at £8.40 per day of lost service should be paid and should be received within 30 days of the service being restored. Talktalk joined the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme on 1 April 2019, but so far don't seem to be complying with the standards they signed up to.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Gavin23

Auto compensation can take upto 30 days after the fault is closed, if you haven't had a SMS/Email by the 28th April let me know and I can chase this up for you. 

Message 4 of 7

Full details of the auto compensation scheme are available on the website:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gavin23
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for the info, I wanted to start the ball rolling until TT staff return.

The issue is communication: TT should contact customers & tell them about compensation, timescale etc. That's what Ofcom signed companies up to do: the customer should be informed without asking.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Automatic compensation is calculated after resolution, @Gavin23 and doesn't generally show for a further month.

There is not usually further redress.

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes