cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

BLOCKED from logging into MY ACCOUNT

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 66 of 66

Today in the morning, I was BLOCKED from logging into MY ACCOUNT.

I phoned TalkTalk, and after long delays I was able to talk to an agent. TalkTalk says there is something wrong with their systems and there are security problems. To cure this I was told that I should not use any TalkTalk domain email addresses, but use non-TalkTalk domain email addresses, to login into MY ACCOUNT. That seemed incomprehensible to me. Suggested non-TalkTalk domain email addresses, were Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail. I spent some time with her, the agent, but to no avail. What the hell, I thought. All day I have been trying to login to MY ACCOUNT with no success. To see that something was working OK at TalkTalk I used the link Forgotten email address link, and the result was that I am not registered at TalkTalk. Isn't anything working at TalkTalk?

As far as I am concerned, I'm not that interested in Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail.

To my way of thinking, my email address belongs with my Internet Service provider.

So can someone at TalkTalk fix this or not?

Oh, my web email is perfect.

65 REPLIES 65

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 66

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk

@ferguson said that ' TalkTalk will advise you OTHER than to use a non-TalkTalk email for logging into My Account'. In other words, he said that TalkTalk will advise me to use a TalkTalk domain email account. I.E. talktalk.net. or similar.  I don't see how you drew that conclusion. If you think that I should be using a 3rd party address such as Gmail, and that the decision was made many years ago, how is it that I have been using a TalkTalk domain email account for years, without TalkTalk objecting. Are you saying everyone else is using a Gmail type account, except me? What Ferguson said and what you say, is 100% contradictory. Even if this decision was made 3 days ago and not years ago, wouldn't you think that TalkTalk would have given me some type of notice, a week, two weeks, but just blocked me? So, are you also going to advise everyone who might be affected, of this new policy, officially by email or letter?

You said 'please use a 3rd party address such as Gmail'. What for?

0 Likes

Message 62 of 66

Hi Billx

The account is showing as not registered, so you will have to register for My Account and as ferguson has mentioned we do not allow the use of talktalk.net, or any of our other domains to be used to register, its a decision made many years ago now.  so please use a 3rd party address such as Gmail. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 66

No problem. 🙂

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 66

Thanks, @ferguson

Bill

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 66

I have moved this to the account and billing section. I have little doubt that the support team will advise you other than to use a non-TalkTalk email for logging into My Account. They will respond as soon as they can.