cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancel Full Fibre 150

Gryphin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

So I have Full Fibre 150 (Data Only) I've been out of contract for a while now because I'm paying £34.42 out of contract or there offering me the same 150 Data in contract for 24 months at £39.95 which is stupid who would do that.

Anyway I'm wanting to Switch to another ISP and they said I need to cancel TalkTalk myself. Now here the problem doing a quick read on forum it seems loads of people have had problems will this and keep getting billed. I can't afford for that to happen.

So here are my questions I need help with:

1. What steps do I have to take to cancel my full fibre (no contract)
  2. How many days can I do this before my next billing date without being charged as it due between 16-19 of this month.
  3. Do I need to send erro router back and if so how do I do it.
  4. When can I cancel direct debit
  5. How do I 100% know when its been cancelled and I'm not going to get a massive bill from collection agency in 6 months.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Speak to them about it.

It's not just when you get the bill that matters but the day it is made up to (usually a couple of days before that) @Gryphin, but it is detailed in your bills!

The day you actually pay it is not relevant. 

All you need to do is log into your bills properly and check the dates they actually cover!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Okay thank you. So just to double check (sorry for being a bit dumb).

I get my statement/bill email on 11th each month and I pay it on the 19th each month. Which date is the 30 day notice from the email or the payment.

Thanks for all help and sorry for taking up time.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

If this month's bill is paid, eg 16th Sept, the bill is made up several days before that.

You've got to do the work of going into My Account to check precise dates covered.

If you cancel after 16th Sept, you'll have a service up till c 16th October, but there's still a new bill made up to eg 9th, issued thereafter, so you'll then get another bill....so do check the date details very carefully., @Gryphin.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Ts&Cs (linked at the foot of the page) and "notice period" in the link I gave you tell you about the 30 days, @Gryphin.

Do take the time to read it all!

0 Likes

Gryphin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

So if I ring that number they will talk me through all the steps I need to take? But I still need to do it 30 days in advance? So it seems best to do it once I've paid this months bill then get the ball rolling on the cancelation?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Most information can be found here, @Gryphin:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

So call 03451 720088. 

It's 30 days' notice regardless of billing date, so do the maths. What matters is checking the date your bill is made up to cover in advance, not the date you tend to receive it.

Check that in My Account. 

If you have no prepaid returns bag, ask them to send you one. Your Eero will be no use to you after you leave Talktalk. 

You leave your DD in place until after receiving a final bill for £0.00.

If Talktalk actually owes you money, you reclaim it from My Account using the same banking details.

Forum staff can confirm the date your service is due to cease.

As long as you clear your bills there won't be an issue with debt collectors!

0 Likes