cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancellation of Broadband Service - no confirmation email yet.

JohnBF59
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Three days ago (24/09) I contacted TT by Chat to cancel my Broadband contract (I didn't want to spend hours talking to "retention" as I am already using an alrternative method), I've been with them for years - and prior to that I was with AOL, after they stopped my being able to pay by recurring payments on a credit card I decided to look for alternatives.

In a chat session lasting over an hour, I think I estabished, that my phone line was and always had been with BT and I was not transferring my Broadband account to another supplier (I have bought a 5G Mobile router and am using a contract free Smarty SIM card giving me unlimited data for £20/Month).

However I haven't had an email confirming my cancellation or a final bill (the router connected to my landline has been turned off for some time). The blurb in the chat said this would happen when the "new" supplier asked TT to transfer but as I pointed out I don't have a new supplier to transfer to - I just want to cancel the contract right away.

Could someone at TalkTalk please check that my cancellation is going through please?

John B
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi JohnBF59

I can see a cease on the account it is due to complete on the 3rd Oct. 

Regards

0 Likes