cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancelled - No final bill received

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

I was a UFO customer and was advised that UFO was finishing on 29th May and I needed to move to another supplier to stay on the City Fibre network.     I had the new internet provider install on 14th April and had it confirmed with TalkTalk that my service would finish then (on the talktalk account screen it says my account is being cancelled from 14/04).

However, it's been nearly two weeks and I have not received a final bill (I am owed nearly a months worth of £27.50).

Can you please arrange for the cancellation to be processed and my refund provided.

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

I've just checked again and now my bill is available on-line and the refund button is now there.

I have therefore clicked and requested a refund.

Thanks for your help.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

There should be a particular path available, @peteb99, that allows you to claim it back to the same bank.

Flagging up the issue for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 15

Nice one Gliwmaeden2,  there is indeed a figure under transcation history for 4th May.

It is showing a refund of £17.55 which by my calculations is correct.

Unfortunately there is no where that I can claim this back in my account as it doesn't appear   (my parents are also with TalkTalk who have refunded them money due to a long service outage - I can see on their screen how to claim the money back, but for me there is nothing on that screen in "My Bills")

Arne - can this £17.55 be refunded to me via direct debit please?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

You may be able to view the refund elsewhere in My Account, @peteb99.

Check Transaction History. If the funds are there, you should be able to claim the sum back to your bank account. 

Message 6 of 15

Thanks for the reply Arne.

Unfortunately if i try to look at the bill the page just shows :

peteb99_0-1683715880782.png

Can it be emailed to me?     Are you refunding me the half a month that I've over paid for?

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Probably needs to be "working days", @peteb99, and we've had 2 weekends and 2 Bank Holidays....

I'll flag this up again for you.

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Arne,

It's been over 10 days, has it been fixed yet?   When I look on the talktalk website it doesn't seem to have changed at all.

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Hi Arne,

Many thanks for the reply and for pushing this on.   I did think it was a bit odd.

Peter

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi @peteb99

The cancellation has completed at the network level on the 14th, however the billing account has become stuck, So I have requested this to be moved to cancelled this will then generate the final bill. 

Can take upto 10 days to fix this, once its completed I will let you know.

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks a lot for the reply, very kind of you.     Like you say, I'll wait while the beginning of next month and claim back the refund.

Thanks again.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

The billing cycle continues to the next month, @peteb99, so if the previous one came out in early April, it will be the May bill that returns the overpayment to My Account. 

They stick to this cycle even with 30 days' notice etc, so it takes a while to work through the system.

You then claim the money back to your bank account from My Account, using the same banking details as for your Direct Debit. 

The bill after that is for £0.00.

So it doesn't work quite the same way as switching energy companies or whatever, where they automatically send the excess to your bank account.