Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for returned equipment.

garytastic
Chat Champion
Message 17 of 17

Hi, Just had an email saying  "following our recent email, we want to remind you that the countdown is on to get the TalkTalk equipment you don’t need returned to us by 19/03/2021. If you miss this deadline you will be charged £50, so please don’t delay"

There was no recent email and I have already returned the router and had an email on 19/02/21 to say it had been received.

I spoke to someone on chat and they said just to ignore it, but I want an assurance that I wont be charged the £50.

Thanks.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Dean19811981
First Timer
Message 1 of 17

Ive had enough of being harassed by Talktalk. Ive treated them so well and sent back the equipment in the bag provided. I have a screenshot from them stating its no problem and I will not be charged and today (fathers day) they invoice me £50. What a shameless organisation  they are.

DR

Message 2 of 17

Hi garytastic

Apologies that charge should not have been applied, I have raised this to the team responsible. 

The amount has been cleared off the outstanding balance before it was taken, you can see this in the transaction history in My Account.  

Sorry again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

I used online chat and the person I spoke to said they would credit the £50 back to my account.

Just annoys me that you have to keep wasting time sorting an issue that was supposed to already be sorted out.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Just got my latest bill and they have charged me £50 for not returning the equipment that was returned.

I was assured by the OCE's on this forum that there were notes on my account that the equipment had been returned and that I wouldn't be charged.

Can someone get this charge removed please.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi garytastic

Please ignore the email, it is automated. 

Your account shows that the equipment has been returned. 

Apologies again. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi, I have now received an email saying as I still haven't returned the equipment they will be adding a £50 charge to my next bill.

Can somebody sort this out for me please.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi @garytastic 

Would it be possible to PM me a  screenshot of the email you have received. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Thanks.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 17

Hi @garytastic 

There are notes on your account dated 12 Feb advising that the router has been returned to the warehouse. 

Please ignore the email.

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

I notified staff that this is going on. 

You will each need to start your own threads.

@garytastic, I will escalate this thread and remove your other thread.

Everyone else needs to return to the message board and click on start a topic if you haven't already done so. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. Further posting before they respond delays the progress of a new thread in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 13 of 17

@garytastic 

Wishful thinking!

A!
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Can somebody look into this for me please.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Here the same problem!

I sent the equipment back to TalkTalk on 10.02.2021. RoyalMail says it was delivered on 12.02.2021. Today I received an email from TalkTalk asking me, to send the router back. Once again, only trouble with TalkTalk. TT never, never again!

A!
0 Likes

stayxclear
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 17

I got same email today. I sent router last month, got confirmation from Royal Mail that it's been delivered but no email from Talktalk that they received it

0 Likes