cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged for a missed appointment

AyanD1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I am not sure why customers are liable to pay for a missed appointment if the engineer did not arrive. I was without internet for a month after a home move , and the talktalk support team could not help out and booked me an engineer visit . I was home whole day waiting for the engineer to come. The engineer neither arrived , nor did he have the goodwill to call me . When I again asked the chat support about the engineer visit , they responded it was a missed appointment. At this point it got me *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off and I made up my mind the customer to leave Talktalk as I was already having lot of grief. . Moments after I started getting calls from the retention team apologising and saying that they would book me a next appointment and they would make sure I would not be charged for this . Now after I am back on Talktalk I get a 75£ bill just for being loyal and staying with them

N.B: I am a customer who are with them for 4 years and still receive such service. I need to answer same questions to different customer care executives who cannot deal with my problem and move me from one department to another department and doubt my answers . I was on chat for 4 hours on Friday after which my chats stopped being answered. Not sure if this is the customer service to expect from Talktalk after being them for such a long time

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi 

I can see that there is now an open complaint regarding this, So because of this I cant interfere with an ongoing complaint. 

hope you get the resolution you want. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@AyanD1, there are no staff on the forum now before Monday. 

Please give Arne time to investigate. 

Remember that the whole world suffered IT chaos today and that will have affected internal systems as well as what we have encountered with our own computers, shopping / banking / flights etc.....

If you are owed compensation, it takes around a month to come through. 

If you are owed a refund for the £75.00 it won't be processed by Arne over the weekend. 

If you want to chase this further yourself meanwhile, use the contact info detailed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Let us know how you get on. If Arne is on the case, please rest assured that he will be establishing the facts and will get back to you, but during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AyanD1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk , don't you think it is inappropriate to make false promises. I am with talltalk for the last 4 years , during a home move I am left without internet without a month . The technician does not arrive and says it is a missed appointment . Which individual without internet for a month would schedule an appointment and then miss it knowing that they might be charged . On top of that when I request a termination of connection , the retention team apologise repeatedly admitting their fault and mentioning there would not be charge . The first bill now charges me 75£ , isn't this a joke during these difficult times.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi AyanD1

I will request the engineer report and come back to you. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Check in MyAccount in case there's a refund for it in there.

If the DD was taken today there's no way it could have been prevented at such notice, even if staff had picked up your post already. 

The instruction for the Direct Debit to be taken would have been put through several days ago. Also bills cannot be altered once issued.

Any money credited back will show in My Account and the subsequent bill will reflect that. 

This board is not manned every day, but this is the right department to check whether or not the charge can be credited back.

I'll re-escalate your post for attention, @AyanD1.

0 Likes

AyanD1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Any update on this please ?

75£ has already been deducted from my a/c today via auto debit

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@AyanD1, if an engineer is found to have missed an appointment, you should be compensated, as described in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Mistakes and misunderstandings do sometimes happen regarding engineer charges. I'll move this to the billing section for staff to investigate. 

0 Likes