cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Direct Debit failure

Message 7 of 7

I recently migrated from Shell broadband and was informed that I didn't need to do anything and it would all transfer automatically. Today I got an email stating that my bill hasn't been paid and a £12.50 charge will be added to my account.

TalkTalk has failed to collect the direct debit, this is not a problem on my end and therefore I won't be paying the £12.50 fee. 

6 REPLIES 6

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

You cant get charged twice if the balance is zero, there will be nothing claim. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Arne, I'm afraid I've just been told the opposite on your live chat (and was advised to keep a transcript as proof), I was told arrangement's are being made to take the direct debit. I appreciate this is neither your fault nor the live chat agent's fault, but I think management need to make sure they know what they are going to do to sort the issue, and make sure that staff and customers know. I'm not paying by card as I don't want to then find a direct debit is taken as well.

Thank you for your help..

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

We cant take the payment as the direct debit is not active, I am a full time employee of TalkTalk and the quickest way to sort this is securely to log into My Account select one off payment , You wont be charged ant admin fee and there is no effect on credit ratings. 

its not ideal I appreciate that. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Arne,

That won't be possible. I want the payment taken by Direct Debit as per the agreement. If the failure was at Talk Talk's end it's their responsibility to fix it. Also, will there be something in writing to retract the email saying that the Direct Debit failed due to a problem at my end and that I would be charged £12.50? I don't trust a generic reply on a forum so would hope TalkTalk will be writing back to customers individually to say the email was wrong, and when the payment will be taken by Direct Debit? I'm not taking action based on an incorrect email or a forum post.

Also, can there be confirmation that this won't affect customers' credit files?

Message 5 of 7

Hi @MediumSmallLarge / @Astrid83

The direct debit instruction is showing as pending, this is an issue we are aware of , You will NOT be charged an admin fee as its our issue, we are are asking in the meantime to make a one off payment this month either online or over the phone. 

Sorry for the inconvenience 

0 Likes

Astrid83
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Same has happened to me! Not very happy.

EDIT I called the helpline and there is an automated message saying "If you received an email today saying your Direct Debit failed, we are sorry, we have identified the issue and you will not be charged a late payment fee". 

0 Likes