Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit changed

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 22 of 22

hi just been on my bank acct and my DD is changed from monthly to quarterly. The bank say we must contact TalkTalk re change. Can you check it out as am worried as we have not been informed .

Thanks

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

@Albinchirayath wrote:

My monthly payment was 23.95 but this month onwards it has been changed to 29.06. Can I know why it’s changed?

@Albinchirayath , you could try reading your bills. They will all be fully itemised so you should be able to make a comparison to see what has changed this month. It could be that your contract period (and associated discounts) and/or boost discounts have come to an end for example.

If you still can't work it out and want TalkTalk staff on this forum to help, you will need to start your own topic as @martswain has already advised and update your forum profile with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that staff are able to access your account.

Alternatively you can contact TalkTalk customer support by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours).

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 22

@Albinchirayath you have posted on a solved topic of another customer.

Please start your own topic in order to get staff assistance.

0 Likes

Albinchirayath
First Timer
Message 3 of 22

My monthly payment was 23.95 but this month onwards it has been changed to 29.06. Can I know why it’s changed?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Just to report DD came out today 28th as usual. So panic over.

Thanks

Message 7 of 22

We have been with Talktalk since 2007 and we agree. The Halifax have done something but won't or cannot own up. You have been great support and help.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

All I can say is that we have never, ever, (in the 15 years I have worked here) done quarterly payments and there are no plans to either. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Talktalk or Halifax? One of them has done something and we are in the middle having to deal with it. Great isn't it 😂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Thanks Arne just had usual reminder of billing in a weeks week's time. The bank is mad but won't take responsibility 🤠.

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi silverbird63

Your payment is due via Direct Debit on or around the 26/08/2020 , I'm very confident it will be fine. 

Regards

Message 13 of 22

Hi Arne as requested TT have sent usual reminder for payment end idmf month. The bank are adamant TT changed things. Anyway as long as we pay on time.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

So far Everytime they pass the book to to TT. So I will wait to see what happens at bill time and let you know.

Thanks Arne

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Thanks that helped. The bank told me to cancel my DD and get TT set up a new one. You can imagine what I said😀. I agree with you I know TT o ly bill monthly so the bank will be hearing from me. This has all been unecessary stress at this time.

Thanks Wise owl.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

I'm certain you have nothing to worry about as TalkTalk always bill monthly but it is very odd behaviour from your bank.

They are correct in a way that they don't control Direct Debits, they just pay them when the company requests payment. As far as I'm aware the Direct Debit process takes about 3 working days from the company requesting the payment through the banking system to the money being taken from your account. Apart from anything else, if TalkTalk were going to wait 3 months to take the next payment (which I'm sure they're not), there would be no need for them to give anything like 3 months notice to the bank, they would just wait 3 months then request the payment, so I can't understand your bank saying they have been informed of the next payment. Very strange.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Ywe always have monthly debits to TT. It's the bank that have notified me via my app that the DD is now next paid in 3minths time and tells me TT must have informed them as the bank have no control over DD. I feel stuck in the middle.

😄

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Not sure what you mean by "showing monthly payments".

Direct Debits are not set up to automatically pay a company a specific amount at a specific time. They are set up to allow the company (TalkTalk in this case) to request payment when they require it, and as @Arne-TalkTalk has confirmed, TalkTalk always bill and take payments on a monthly basis.

Is it perhaps simply the bank's internet banking software monitoring when each Direct Debit has been requested over a period of time and displaying the approximate frequency based on this history for information purposes only? (though obviously getting it wrong if TalkTalk have been taking payments monthly)

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Cheers Arne. It's just my DIrect Debut with the bank is now showing quarterly payments so confused. They say it must be TT that changed it. However if you have verified I will leave things be. Hopefully it will be billed at normal date .

Thanks for your help

Silverbird63

0 Likes