Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected but still being charged

chris78
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have just switched broadband and telephone provider after my TalkTalk contract ended in August. The switch occurred on 10 Sept. Yesterday, 17 Sept, I was billed by Talk Talk for another month in advance. This is unacceptable. I received an email at the time of the switch saying to expect some odd billing and potential refund arrangements. What a joke. This is just a way of making more money from the unexpecting customer without the time to quibble. I have now cancelled the direct debit due to a complete lack of confidence in TalkTalk's ability to honestly manage its former customer's switching process. TalkTalk should have cancelled the direct debit themselves. I shall not be recomending TalkTalk to anyone.

Chris James
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi chris78

Thanks for your post.

The bill was produced 2 days before the cancellation completed so unfortunately couldn't be stopped, I can see that the credit for the overcharge has been applied and a refund has been requested. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks. I have updated my profile as you suggested including my phone number. Let's hope for a positive outcome. This sort of thing really doesn't sit well with me when I think about people who may be incapable of properly managing their finances.

Chris James

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If your bill was already in progress during the switch it may have already been made and what you say beyond that makes sense.

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number as was are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.