cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Fibre line assigned to wrong address

Stuiee
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hello all 

I’m writing to you as I have no where else to go, I have been without internet for a month now with no sight of a light at the end of the tunnel. It all started when my provider at the time TalkTalk cancelled my Internet because someone contacted them regarding moving providers which wasn’t me, after about a week back and forth on the phone I found that’s because the property I live in has changed names and another property on the premises has my old name. My fibre line is registered to the wrong address, so even though I have a fully working fibre line because openreach have that line under the wrong address I can’t get any provider to give me my fibre internet back. Please if anyone has had this before or knows who to contact to sort the issue I’d be so grateful as I have no idea where to go from here. 

regards Stuart

S.jones
10 REPLIES 10

Message 2 of 11

Right I’ve tried that there provider won’t do anything I’ve now been told I need a cease-and-desist on the line attached to my property and then re install it under the right address 

S.jones
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Its a tricky one, the property that has taken your old name needs to submit an ORDI request to update openreach via whoever is there service provider is.  We cant do this for your address as there is no active asset. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Also the address on the account is the old address 

S.jones
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

The address has been updated with Royal Mail, just the fibre line is assigned to the old address which is the address of another property on the farm 

S.jones
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Stuiee

Thank you.

In your post you say the address you live in now has a different name, has this been registered with the royal mail? as this is where Openreach will get your new address from.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I’ve done this, now can you see? 

S.jones
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Stuiee 

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Moving this to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

In your community forum profile details, @Stuiee, add the new address in Personal Information.  At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add the old address that was previously registered with your Talktalk landline number etc.

SAVE CHANGES 

Between the two of these, staff should be able to identify what is going on.

To access the profile area go via your avatar/name; settings  etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes