cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

How to simplify my account setup, and still make voice calls

JaneRebecca
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi.

In early 2022, I was given a free upgrade to full fibre, but I wanted to keep the ability to make landline calls.

As a result, I have ended up with an odd situation, where I have 2 lines and packages showing on my account:

• Fibre 65 Data Only - on the FTTP line which is free of charge.
  • Fast Broadband (my previous package) - on the phone line, which is now £36.54 per month, as its contract ended on 16th May 2022 - (and no longer seems to exist, for new customers.)

How would I go about simplifying things, so that I can continue to use my full fibre broadband and make voice calls - without paying over the odds because of the odd setup above? It makes it very difficult to understand any upgrades / new contracts I am being offered by you, or to shop around - (and it's difficult to explain, if I call your sales department.)

I understand that on some packages, it is possible to make voice calls through the internet line. Is this something that is available to me? While I appreciate being offered the free broadband upgrade, it appears to have made things much more complicated - and I would appreciate some help, as, as a pensioner, I am starting to wish that I hadn't taken you up on the offer in the first place!

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi JaneRebecca

Your account has a "copper leave behind service" you see that in My Account as Fast broadband, which allows the use of the landline as normal, this is technically a sperate account, but you only pay the price offered when you ordered full fibre, you are not charged twice. 

Your full fibre service is through City Fibre, at the moment its not possible to to add VOIP (internet calls) onto a city fibre line without some downtime.   

Its confusing I agree,  we are working on simplifying this. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Adding voice to Full Fibre and renewing as one package may involve some down time, and it is important to order phone use at the time of renewal, @JaneRebecca.

Call costs / boosts are calculated in the same way as before, with VOIP added to your account. Faster Fibre was the precursor to Fibre35 and Fibre65  (FTTC). So you made quite a leap from ordinary Fast Broadband to Full Fibre. 

Make sure that the old Fast Broadband account gets cancelled and the My Account should be updated to reflect chargeable Full Fibre with VOIP when you renew.

Fast Broadband still exists (average speed usually quoted ad 11Mbps) for those of us with no option but ADSL (no FTTC). 

Not renewing your contract means you seem to have been paying the increases from both April 2022 and 2023 applied to your out of contract rate. That starts to mount up. 

It's worth having the down time for a few days if necessary to set this up correctly. 

You must do all the deal 03451 720088 as staff can't set this up via the forum.

They should be able to clarify the process re downtime, however. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes