cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I cancelled TalkTalk over a month ago -why are you sending me bills

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi Guys

I cancelled my contract with you in March 2023, after over 10 years. Your service was simply not competitive with Zen over City Fibre, who are now providing me with over 900Mbps up and down for £40 a month fixed for 2 years, without any in contract increase during the term.

I've got two acknowledgement letters dated 30/3/23, saying there will be an early termination fee for £18.11, which is fine by me. Why have I received a notice via email today 22/04/23 that "Your Latest Bill has Arrived", and you want me to pay another £25, via the Direct Debit mandate. I'm still waiting for the final bill, and your letters dated 30/3/23, confirm my broadband services will end 2/5/23. Regarding equipment, I can send you what I have once you provide me with a pre-paid postage bag, as your agent promised in early March, when I contacted you via my mobile. Do I have to take this matter up with the relevant authorities. Explanation required. TIA CS

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Thanks Arne, of course I will look at my future options when my present contract is up for renewal 

Take care your guys

Best regards CS

PS and thanks for your assistance over the years 🙂

Surfing from the Fenlands of Cambridgeshire and when I can from the Bay of Islands, Northland, North Island, New Zealand.

Message 2 of 17

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Thanks Arne, DD is now cancelled. As I said previously, you guys were simply not competitive enough for what I wanted. After a new network was installed in our town, I chose to move on for an ISP, who could provide.

Take care all you guys, I've had a very long relationship with TalkTalk, after transferring over from Demon Internet, my first original ISP lol.

Best wishes

Regards

CS ( AKA Swordfish97) 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Thanks Arne 

Can I now remove the direct debit mandate , without worrying if any further charges might suddenly be applied. Just want to get my accounts sorted with regards to this.

Regards CS

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi @Swordfish97

Its cleared,  your final bill was in credit by £18.08 but your contract breakage fee was £18.11

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

@Swordfish97, check the details, but it's probably simply the difference between the early termination fees and the amount they owe you back for unused days that you paid upfront.

Most definitely leave the DD in place. The only worry in processing it is that the bank could think that someone is attempting fraud, as it's the sort of tiny amount that fraudsters might use on a first attempt. However, they will twig that this is a payment that is to a company that you have had ongoing dealings with, and simply settling the account. 

I would leave the DD in place until you get the NEXT bill for £0.00.

Your thread is back in the queue for attention!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Arne, and guys

I've just received a bill from TalkTalk, for 3p - are they serious. What gets me is the implied threat of if its not paid, I may incur admin charges - Ehhhh 3p. I don't even know if the banks will process 3p. I'll leave the DD mandate open till the 9th of June, after which I'll cancel it. 

Account number:
XXXXXXXXXX

Total amount due:
£0.03

Payment due by:
23/05/2023

Your Direct Debit will be taken on or immediately after this date.

You may incur an administration fee if your payment is not received by the due date shown.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Ive emailed them again to give them the tracking number (again), you will not be charged for any equipment.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 17

Your records will be updated, @Swordfish97, after the Bank Holiday. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Guy's - now you've sent me another bag to return equipment, which I returned previously under Tracking ID QZ298254285GB, which according to Royal Mail Tracking, you have received. Now, I'm getting a little fed up with this, as now your threatening to charge me for equipment I no longer have, which has been returned. Can you sort this out - cancelling my long term contract with you was a difficult decision after probably being with you for over 10 years, but a new City Fibre Network was installed in our area, and at that time, you could not provide me with GB connectivity. So market forces, dictated that I transferred to an ISP who could. You charged me £25 for fibre 65, whereas my new provides me with over 900Mbps up and down for £40, over 2 year contract, and guarantee, NO IN CONTRACT hikes in fees. So Guys, can you sort my account out, and stop sending bags out, for equipment that has already been returned. TIA CS

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

As mentioned in Arne's reply, @Swordfish97, the bill is produced on 21st May.

It will show both the early termination fees and the balance for days not used.

When that's all cleared up, the June bill should show £0.00.

0 Likes

Swordfish97
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Hi Guys

Still not had final bill for £18.11, which I assume you are going to take out via the Direct Debit Mandate.

Additionally, I can confirm that the Royal Mail have delivered my old equipment back to you. Tracking ID QZ298254285GB. 

RM website the package was delivered, using the tracking number above, which you supplied on the returns label, and bag.

Once you take the early termination fee, etc. I will remove the Direct Debit Mandate, with you via my bank.

I'm not letting this drag on for another month.

Regards

Charlie Shaw

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Swordfish97

Its exactly as Gliwmaeden2 has explained the cease completes after the normal billing date, as we are still providing you with a service up until that point, you will be refunded for the period after the cease in the next bill produced on the 21 may.

A returns bag has been ordered and should be with you shortly.

Regards.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Talktalk always bills the full month ahead, even when you have given the 30 days' notice etc, @Swordfish97.

Their billing cycle doesn't process the fact you are leaving until the bill after this, in case you change your mind, or other eventualities that might affect the day the service actually stops.

So the next bill will refund all the unused days to My Account. From there you claim your funds back using the same banking details as for your Direct Debit. 

The bill after that will be for £0.00.

Staff can send you the returns bag and label.

0 Likes