cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Large Bill - Shell to TalkTalk

Dmcad
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have just received my first bill from TalkTalk, I paid my last bill with Shell on the 11th June and my new bill with TalkTalk is 16th July, and I have £16.60 of charges, this is an absolute joke and I did not factor in this large amount when I was budgeting this month my bill in total is £38.82, it is usually £26.49. 

For a bit of background, I had my broadband with TalkTalk years ago and it was the worst broadband service and customer service I have ever experience, you never got my broadband working and I spent hours on the phone to a foreign call centre that made me go through same checks over and over and over again, I felt like I was loosing my mind and have never had such a strong passion of disliking and being angry at a company. Luckily you put the price up and I had 14 days to cancel and I did and vowed never to use TalkTalk ever again. But here I am back with TalkTalk and the problem's begin straight away, I can't wait until I am out of contract, I will NEVER use TalkTalk again.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Complaint procedure is at the bottom of this page,  The billing is for the service provided since the switch, what was date  the payment through shell was up to?, again if there is a over charge it will go back on your next bill. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi, as asked before please send me a link to TalkTalk's complaints procedure. I think that having to pay 63% more on my bill this month is unacceptable, pro rata or not, that is a huge difference that I have not budgeted for.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Dmcad

Your pro rata period was 19 Jun to 07 Jul, if there are double/overpayments then they will appear as a credit on your bill.  

Can you log into My Account

Message 5 of 11

@Dmcad, the 11th June and then 16th July is 5 days plus a month.

Readers on here know that  Talktalk charges a month ahead.

We have no knowledge of what day your last Shell bill covered you to, but whatever the figures are, we can't see what date Talktalk billed you from either. You were presumably informed of the date of the switch over?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

I don't really understand the figures you have posted. You say the first TalkTalk bill is £38.82 and your regular monthly Shell bill was £26.49, which is a difference of £12.33, but you also mention an extra £16.60.

I would say though, if you are trying to work out a pro-rata service period, rather than looking at the date the payments come out of your bank account, you need to look at the service periods that the payments cover. For example, my Direct Debit payment is taken from my bank anywhere between roughly the 7th to the 10th of the month but the bill is actually produced at the start of the month and it is listed on the bill that the period of service covered is always the 1st to the 28/29/30/31st (depending on how many days in the month). If you look at your own first TalkTalk bill, you should be able to see what period is covered by the amounts they are charging you, and you would then need to work out what date you had already paid up to with your last Shell bill (I have no idea how their billing system works).

On a separate point, in some ways you never really fully left TalkTalk, since Shell used TalkTalk's network to deliver your services. The only difference was who you paid the bills to.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Does your package show any additional boosts, @Dmcad?

Check for Supersafe / Anytime Calls  / delivery of equipment / Voicemail, as boosts  / TV services rental as part of the contract? Admin charges of some sort?

You would definitely not get the initial days free, so that explains some of it, but not necessarily all of the extra.

The link to the Complaints procedure is at the foot of the page. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

I don't understand why I need to pay pro rata from the date of my switch, when I didn't ask for the switch... Will I get reimbursed for this at some point? how many days was I pro rata? I thought my contract wouldn't change I am contracted to £26.49 a month, I paid my bill to Shell on the 11th June then to TalkTalk  on the 16th of July. So 5 days extra and it is £16.60.. can someone send information on how this was worked out. All my bill says it is for fibre, not very itemised. Can you give me a link to your complaints policy and procedure? 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

HI Dmcad

The bill is fully itemized, and 1st bill increase will be the pro-rata charges from the date of the switch, to your 1st bill date and then the advance charge at your agreed price for the month ahead.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

@Dmcad, the bill will include the days to the start of the billing cycle as well as the fee for the month ahead. Going forward it should be the same monthly fee unless you add boosts, TV, make phone calls etc.

All details should be clear in My Account. If you have trouble registering for My Account, staff on here can remove previous Talktalk details and you can try and register afresh.

Let us know if you cannot see the details in your bill.

0 Likes