cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Migration from Shell - bill hike!

Jos1e
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I've recently been moved over from Shell to Talk Talk and my bill has inexplicably jumped up from £24.69 a month to £35.74 despite not even being a year into my 18 month contract and I was not on a limited period of a discounted rate.

Has this happened to anyone else?

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You must start your own thread for support from staff, @Chocco22.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. This is in the queue for attention. 

If you need help sooner, you should be asking to speak to the Shell Migration team by phoning 03451 720088 (free from a Talktalk landline) or Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Chocco22
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

My first bill was 35 pound. My next bill should go back to its original price. But at the moment i keep dropping out on the internet spent all weekend getting in touch with them, and have been told it because if the migration.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Jos1e

Your contract status and price is carried over from shell, but the first bill after the switch will usually be higher due to pro rata charges.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Out of contract prices are always higher - any discounts previously will have expired with the end of contract, @MSMS2024.

Billing will also include any days since the switch from Shell, prior to the billing date, plus the full month ahead. 

There are no early termination fees to pay if out of contract, but Talktalk requires 30 days' notice or until a new provider takes over. The latter only works if the new provider is specifically asked to take over the phone number.

Please read Talktalk's own Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of any page.

For further help, please start your own thread as staff only reply to the original poster. Better in fact if your parent can post in their own right or you add their phone number in Private Notes in Personal Information. This is accessed via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu....SAVE CHANGES. 

@Jos1e, I'm moving this to the billing message board for staff support.

0 Likes

MSMS2024
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Yes my parent is turning 90 soon and has been migrated over. Told her Shell price won't be hiked but it's hiked £10 a month and her contract is expired as of 18th July 2024.  Will they be charged to move to a new provider? Some Exit fees?

I'm asking as they did not sign or get informed of a new contract and the chat team said they don't know because it's a diff. team dealing with people coming over from Shell.  This should be published readily avaiable information. Everyone will need to know this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thank you, hopefully that's all it is.  The payment has been taken a week later but does seem steep for an extra week,.  I've raised it with them so will see what they come back with.  Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

You are billed from the switching over date to the start of the current billing month and for the month ahead, @Jos1e.

If there's any duplication with the period covered by your previous Shell payment, it will be sorted out, but, no, your usual monthly payment going forward will not have changed.

If you can't see the details in MyAccount, staff can double check that for you. 

Any duplication or overpayment / credits will be recorded on the next bill. Once issued, the current bill can't be altered to reflect changes.

Staff are not on here at weekends.