cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Monthly charge

carlastc
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

On 02/02/2023 I received an email from you informing me that my monthly broadband charge would increase.

The email contained 2 options,, I could do nothing and remain on my present rate of £28.50 per month or move to another 18month contract at a cost of £25.00 per month.

I opted for the second option and completed the necessary steps on the website to update my contract.

I therefore, expected my March bill to be £25.00 but I have been charged £39.74.

I note that there is a charge of £16.00 Home Calling Boost, which I have not paid before.

I don't use my home phone so I do not need this, can you please arrange for this to be removed. and refund the £16.00 already paid.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @carlastc

I suspect the calls boost was offered free when you last signed up, that promotion no longer exists.

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@carlastc ,

What do you mean when you say you haven't paid for the boost before?

Do you mean that you never had the boost on your account or you previously had the boost for free?

If the boost was already on your account, then it will likely have been automatically carried over but if the discount period has ended, then you will be charged for it. The email will not necessarily list any boosts and extras, just the main package contract price. Just one of the reasons that it is always best to renew by contacting the Loyalty Team rather than online or clicking links in emails.

In any case, you should be able to cancel the boost yourself via MyAccount.

0 Likes