cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Moving house

Saltrampen2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am moving house and am 4 months into a new contract , however Talktalk cannot provide the same service / contract  at the new property , so I am liable for cancellation fees?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Yes that seems to be the guidance ive been given,   I suspect the issue is that we cant generate numbers for VoIP, (yet) whereas once the number is active on the copper line it can be moved to the VoIP service after that. 

I have asked for clarification or when that process is going to change.

0 Likes

Saltrampen2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

OK thanks for clearing this up, So I will just transfer std broadband to my new address and then immediately request a fibre upgrade as soon as I am set up on std broadband. I dont undertand the reasoning either as it will require more engineer visits.  This was not explained to me as clearly as you have put it when I spoke to the call centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Saltrampen2

I have checked with the provisioning team and we don't supply VOIP with new packages on full fibre during a homemove, the way around it is to order a standard broadband package Fibre65 or 35 which will transfer the number to your new property, then upgrade to Full fibre then VOIP is available. 

I dont know the reasoning behind this Sorry.

0 Likes

Saltrampen2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I spoke to 2 people on the phone who said I cannot have a telephone with a full fibre installation when I move . Yet on the Talktalk website there is a digital voice page  where I can keep the same number and plug in my existing handset into the router.  All I want is full fibre plus a handset I dont care if it is connected via fibre or not, but the people I spoke to didnt offer this. Please confirm if it is possible to have a handset with a full fibre installation.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Saltrampen2

if we can offer you any service we will try , but if you choose the leave us then cancellation fees are applicable. 

0 Likes