cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Why am I still being billed

Adamg85
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I contacted talk talk via live chat on the 14th of October requesting a cancellation as I was moving home. I was advised to call them. Which I did on the 16th of October 23. My account was cancelled as I was moving home. Now we’re in feb 24 and I’m being hassled by moorcroft debt collection agency for outstanding bills that haven been paid since October. My account was cancelled I got a confirmation email and sent my router back to you. Please explain! I cannot contact you via live chat or on the phone as my account is barred.  

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You where still getting billed, because you eventually cancelled in January, again within your minimum term agreement , so there is contract breakage fees involved, but also when you actually cancelled the account in January we where still providing the service prior to this to the address and therefore billed you. We would have sent you bill notifications each month aswell.

The bill hasn't been paid so a bill will be produced each month for the outstanding balance since cancellation. 

0 Likes

Adamg85
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I didn’t ring you in January as far as I was aware the internet had been cancelled in October. It’s fine I’m not arguing with you I’m seeking legal advice. Saying you provider services untill Jan? How did you manage that when I left the property in October 23. It’s pathetic. I will never use or recommend you to anyone ever again. Poor customer service yet again. Don’t know why I expected a resolve. You’ve changed your story 3 time int as many messages. You’re not getting a penny out of me. And you’ve still not told me why I’m STILL GETTING BILLS !!!!!!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Actually you where on a 24 month contract  starting 14/07/2022 expiring 13/07/2024,   Your line was cancelled 18/01/2024 after you called us back in January,  so 1 year, 5 months, after activation so you would have been in contract even on a 18 month  deal.  

0 Likes

Adamg85
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

I was only on an 18 month contract for a start. Secondly I rang back to cancel the contract and received a confirmation email from you stating the services were cancelled. The flat I moved out of was also occupied on the 20th of October so you were not providing any services to the property.  Iv also received yet another bill email the other day from you? Which is the first Iv had since October’s so again WHY am I still being billed? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

So you ended your contract early, the end date was 13/07/2024,  in October your account notes state that you will call us back to process the cancellation,  we where still providing the service till January this year before it was cancelled, the bills are valid.   

It has been handed to a debt collection agency you will need to speak the agency. 

0 Likes

Adamg85
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Yes I first contacted to see about transferring it. But decided against it as my partner had already got virgin media 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi Adamg85

Did you try to transfer your service to your new address?  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

@Adamg85, I have flagged this for staff attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Saltrampen2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Were you out of Contract? Otherwise Contract early termination Fees maybe due. I assume these would be collected by Direct debit unless this was cancelled. Hopefully an advisor can confirm. I saw some advice stating to keep direct debits open for one month after cancellation - again hopefully someone can confirm.

0 Likes