cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New Fibre contract - Fixed pricing or not?

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

I signed up for a new fibre contract yesterday. My previous contract had fixed pricing and there was no price increase throughout the contract.

When I signed up for the new contract I requested if it was the same as my previous contract with fixed pricing and there would be no price increase throughout the term of the contract. The agent confirmed that there would be no price increase throughout to contract because it is a "fixed term" contract which is the same as the fixed price promise contract.

Checking my new contract today it states "The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the
Consumer Price Index rate"

Have I been given the correct information by the TalkTalk agent and there is no price increase with a fixed term contract?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Having had an incorrect letter, who is to say whether the next one would actually carry more credibility for the customer, @AllyM?

Jazzman3 has got faith in Arne's word for it, and, as in many areas of life, that's what matters.

Arne has posted here for all the world to see, so if it does go pearshaped in April, the customer can just post back then if it needs further sorting, following up on this thread. 

End of story!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 25

I agree, @AllyM

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

Arne has confirmed quite clearly that the fixed price contract is correctly in place.

Yes, he has, @Gliwmaeden2 , but I'm curious as to why the customer didn't believe chat operators' assurances on at 2 separate occasions (see posts 7 and 11) that the contract was indeed fixed price, yet they instantly believe Arne.

I thought the point was that the customer wanted the correct contract information letter sent to them, to replace the incorrect one they received upon agreeing the contract, rather than someone just telling them that it is actually fixed price.

Message 4 of 25

@AllyM wrote:

@jazzman3 wrote:

Thanks for confirming that my new contract is a fixed price one.😊

Not sure how that helps you, to be honest.

Really? The question has been asked and answered to the customer's satisfaction. What else are you not sure that helps here?

Message 5 of 25

Peace of mind, @AllyM.

Arne has confirmed quite clearly that the fixed price contract is correctly in place. The customer thereby avoids the April 2024 hike, and if they go out of contract thereafter, at least the +3.7% in addition to the CPI rate is avoided. Not including the CPI rate would be a great bonus for everyone when times are tough!

It's up to each customer to hedge their bets whether it's worth paying extra to ringfence the price.

Message 6 of 25

@jazzman3 wrote:

Not sure how that helps you, to be honest.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 25

Hi @jazzman3

Apologies every subsequent post on this pushed it to the bottom of the queue.  I can confirm that you are on a fixed price plus contract starting 30.05.23 for 18 months, so no rises in April until you are out of contract then its CPI only as the  fixed price discount remains. 

Regards

Message 10 of 25

Your topic is in the queue for attention, further posting will only delay a reply. I can assure you this has been escalated, so your patience would be appreciated. 

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 25

'The agent said this was not possible because the contracts are only generated once'. Since the agent said the contract was generated, he means it was generated by the computer system. Since the the computer system generated the wrong output, the software in the computer system has to be altered to give the output intended. And the customer should receive a revised contract as originally intended. Otherwise there's no point in sending a written contract. Just tear it up.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 25

Arne-TalkTalk please could you confirm if my new contract is a fixed price contract?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

@jazzman3 

Wait until the support team here pick this up, they will be able to give a categorical answer. 

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 25

@jazzman3 ,

TalkTalk tend to suffer quite often from system errors, and for a company named TalkTalk their communication is quite often poorly worded and ambiguous.

If you look at my contract information which I attached to a previous post in this thread, you'll see that even that doesn't specifically state that my contract is fixed price - it just misses out the part about annual price increases.

There is an option, before ending the live chat, to have the transcript sent to you by email. Sadly, too late now if you didn't do that but worthwhile perhaps to remember for the future.

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 25

Thanks for all of the replies.

I spoke to a TalkTalk chat agent again today. Who looked into my contract and confirmed that there was possibly a system generated error in my contract which generated the mention of  price increases from April.  However, the agent assured me again that I will not be subject to any price increases throughout my contract. He said that the chat script would be saved on the TalkTalk system to confirm that I am on fixed pricing.

I asked if a new contract could be sent which includes the fixed price promise, the agent said this was not possible because the contracts are only generated once.

So not sure what to do now? Perhaps I should see what happens in April and contest if there is a price increase.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 25

Best if we hold off posting so that this reaches staff soon after the weekend. 

Important to catch this within the cooling off period!

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 25

Your contract is a fixed term contract, but your contract is not a fixed-price contract. The monthly cost will increase from next April by next January's consumer price index plus 3.7%. The contract that you displayed expressly states that. When you had the chat with the rep, you either misunderstood him or he lied to you. But that's pretty normal for sales staff. But, on the other hand, since you just received that contract, you can withdraw. On the other hand, I've got the same contract as you, but I pay £27/mon from the start, and will have the same increases as you later. Hope that helps.

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 25

@jazzman3 ,

Staff on the forum generally don't work weekends, but should be able to check your contract details for you when they are back at work during the week.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 25

I queried my contract through online chat and the agent assured me that I am on a fixed term contract and there will be no price increases throughout my contract. Just hope they are correct, I will not find out until April 2024.

Any TalkTalk reps on this board who can check my contract and confirm that my contract is a fixed price contract with no price increases throughout the term of the contract?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 25

I renewed earlier this year onto a fixed price plus contract.

The contract information letter I have doesn't have that annual increase paragraph yours does, and the next statement about after the contract ends is also different (increase by CPI only, no mention of the added 3.7%).

I'm sorry to say that it looks to me like you have been signed up to a standard contract, rather than a fixed price plus one.

0 Likes