cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Problem to cancel the contract

przemo109
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have a problem cancel contract with TalkTalk. I contacted TT in January to cancel my service. I didn't want to renew my contract, which was until 4th March. I don't need a phone line any more as well. The gut who I talked to in January told me that I will receive an email with confirmation a few days after my call. I didn't receive anything from them. I did contact them on chat and I was told that somebody calls me within 24/48 hours, and I've heard nothing, no phone call.

In this chat they told me that they have 2 types of cancellations:

1. When you wish to retain your landline number. Here you are required to advise your new provider and they contact us on your behalf giving us a date to disconnect the services.

2. When you do not wish to retain your landline number. Here you are required to place a disconnection notice with us. Our system requires 30 days to disconnect the services and close your account.

They told me that they have the terms and conditions that were read to me on this day and that when a new provider does not place an order, my contract will continue. - I don't have a new provider which takes that broadband /telephone line, I don't need that. That guy didn't want to listen to me that I would like to cancel without keeping the line.

I have cancelled DirectDebit to stop charging me until that will be resolved.

After the last chat with them, they want me to call them again to discuss this. I don't want to spend another hour talking through a few departments and explaining the same thing again and again.

Is it only one way to cancel the service? It should be an online option as well. Talking to them via phone is useless. They can pick the options which they want, not what the customer wants. I've been with TalkTalk since 2013 with one year gap.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi przemo109

Sorry for the problems you have had. 

The cease has been placed and is due to complete on the 13th, at which point the service will stop. 

Regards

0 Likes

jaspertat
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

You can write to TalkTalk. Download the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page and look at section 19 for details. I suggest you send any using tracked delivery and possibly send more than one copy in case TalkTalk claim it was never sent.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Showing correctly now, @przemo109.

😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for starting your own thread. I will ensure that it is in the queue for attention from staff. 

They reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

At this time, I can't see that you have completed your community forum profile. You will delay matters further if staff can't identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes