cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Promised Credit as a New Customer - Not Applied and have proof

DinoGirl2295
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Good evening! 

I'm getting quite irritated now at the situation I've found myself in. I've switched from Virgin Media over to TalkTalk Fibre 900mbps. The Eero routers are great, installation went smoothly (in the end after the engineer arrived very very late, although not his fault) and internet is working great.

However, I cannot see the £150.00 credit I was promised on my account. This is in addition to the £50.00 Mastercard reward that is being sent to me after 120 days. An agent by the name of Nokukhanya from the Sales Department confirmed this and I placed my order through her for the routers.

I spent three and a half hours on a live chat on Saturday, being passed from pillar to post about eight times to then be told the Sales department were now offline... they would be at 6:45pm! People would say they are writing a message on my account and then pass me to someone else in a different department to be dealt with. Then when that happened, they would claim there is no note on my account and put me back!

After submitting my emailed complaint and not being happy, I had a text message to say that the reference number was CMP-730360. I was at work when they phoned at 2:50pm but then told I would be called again between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. This has not taken place and has only seen to irritate me more as now I was expecting to be rung and I was not...

Its making me think I was missold the broadband, being told one thing and it not happening. I'm just glad I saved the transcript as proof! 

Zoe
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hello Michelle.

Luckily, after ringing up, TalkTalk staff were able to issue me a new contract where, with having 3 months initially free, I've got similar value to the initial option.

My bill did come out and I have been partially refunded this but not sure why I couldn't claim to refund the whole amount? 

I have also been offered £6.10 compensation which I'm happy with 

Kind regards 

Zoe

Zoe
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay. How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes